I have the BB Storm and I am able to take videos, but when I try to email them to people, they are unable to open it due to the video format. The BB saves videos in a .3GP format that cannot be opened in Windows Media Player, (or any other player that I have tried.) Is there a way to change the format or file extension for BlackBerry videos so that I can actually share them with others? (Please note, I can play the videos on my computer through Media Sync, but a person without this cannot open and view the video.) What good is a video camera if I cannot share videos? The videos are only a couple minutes long or less. I have spent the last 3 days searching through threads and I cannot find one to answer this simple question.
    03-27-09 07:47 AM
    Get a 3gp converter.
    03-27-09 07:49 AM
    I believe Quicktime plays them ... Either that, or as james_b said, you'll have to convert them... There are quite a few threads out there about conversion, this is just one - BlackBerry Storm Video Conversion How-To
    03-27-09 08:04 AM
    How are you sending videos that are a few minutes long with the 2MB cap? I just checked mine and a 1:04 minute video is 4+MB. Is there a setting you can adjust that I haven't stumbled upon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 08:07 AM
    what is a good 3gp converter?
    03-27-09 08:08 AM
    I like "any video converter". I'm not 100% sure that the free version does 3gp or not but its an awesome program, even the free version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD