My employer just gave me a storm and I'm on a BES with Outlook. When I respond to an HTML email on my BB, my response is HTML. When I compose an original email it is in plain text. Can I get it to send original emails in HTML?

I went to Options, Email Settings, and "Enable HTML" was set to "yes".
    01-15-09 09:39 AM
    You might need to ask your BES administrator what version of BES you are running. The older versions only support plain text.
    01-15-09 10:24 AM
    I did just talk to IT and he said the BES is set up to default to HTML. It is a brand new server to us since we just switched to blackberry. We were all running windows mobile devices with Goodlink before switching to BB Storms last week. What a great switch by the way, this phone is amazing compared to the Treo, Blackjack II, Moto Q, Samsung i760 I've had before.
    01-15-09 10:43 AM
    AFAIK Blackberrys do not send email in HTML, they will receive HTML depending on the OS
    01-15-09 11:02 AM
    Lol that's so cool that your boss gave u a storm lol. Nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 11:06 AM
    The way it works is if the email is HTML and originates from outside the Storm to you on the Storm, then the response will be HTML. However, if you're creating a new email originating from the Storm, out, it won't be HTML. This is a limitation of the BB plaform's HTML email capabilities... currently anyway.
    01-15-09 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the help. I feel better knowing that it can't be changed. It was driving me nuts thinking that it could be changed but I couldn't figure out how to do it.
    01-15-09 12:57 PM
    Helps me out, too!
    01-15-09 01:42 PM
    interesting, didn't know that. might have just saved me hours today. mine is in a nice fedex box somewhere in the building
    01-15-09 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD