I am selling my storm (yes I know most of you dont care lol), and would like to know what happens with my purchased apps. I have quicklaunch and acellodex, will the person who buys my phone be able to use these or should I delete them? Arent the apps linked to account information on mobihand or not?
    05-20-09 11:35 AM
    are you going to a new berry?
    05-20-09 11:37 AM
    the pin stays with the phone, so if the app reg by pin... they can use them.
    05-20-09 11:37 AM
    Most apps are linked to your account. If you bought them through verizon downloads you can probably login to that download site and redownload them should you be gettin a new vw phone. At least thats how sprint is, i assume they are similiar. If you purchased them from an alternate site you might have to contact them. Some sites offer so many key generations for phone switchs a year. Doing so will disable access on the previous device assuming they are linked through your pin.
    05-20-09 11:38 AM
    usually you can transfer them to a new pin though...
    05-20-09 11:39 AM
    Yeah you should be able to transfer to a new pin but that is a good question. If the apps are already installed on the phone they new owner should be able to use them.
    05-20-09 11:59 AM
    But will they work on your new iPhone?
    05-20-09 01:50 PM
    If and when you buy another berry you CAN transfer the apps to the new phone.....how do you think you get the apps back on a replacement phone....BTW before you sell it wipe the phone.....
    05-20-09 01:51 PM
    Ladies and gentlemen we have a comedian in the house lol!

Thank you all for your answers. I am trying to sell this phone and will most likely be switching to sprint to get the palm pre. Was just asking because I wanted to know if the buyer could use these applications, or access my account information off of mobihand, where I purchased the apps.
    05-20-09 06:10 PM
    hahahahahahah true
    05-21-09 07:22 PM
    I just said in my above post that I was going to get the pre...
    05-21-09 08:08 PM
    Isn't there a third party app or website service that allows you to backup your applications and will handle the switching of pins/berries?

I may be mistaken but I thought I saw this a few months ago.
    05-21-09 08:18 PM
    lol what
    05-22-09 06:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD