I have all of my emails accounts forwarded to my gmail account which is my primary account tied to my blackberry. Today I received a new business email which is forwarded to this same gmail account. I want to be able to have these work emails appear in my gmail box on my blackberry but I need to be able to reply from my business email address not my gmail address. Workarounds? Why does the option to "send using" appear but I cannot select my other email address, when I click reply?
    08-26-09 01:04 AM
    go to BlackBerry Internet Service and log in. Click on your gmail account to edit, and then put in whatever "reply to" address you want.
    08-26-09 01:36 AM
    hello tank for that..
    08-26-09 08:48 AM
    go to BlackBerry Internet Service and log in. Click on your gmail account to edit, and then put in whatever "reply to" address you want.
    But this would do that for all emails OP receives. It seems like OP has multiple email addresses that are being forwarded to one Gmail account. If OP changes the "reply to" address, that will affect all his emails that are being forwarded to his Gmail, right?

For example, I send an email to OP's personal email which was forwarded to OP's Gmail. OP has changed the BIS setting to show his work address as "reply to" already. If OP replies to my email, then it will show his work address as the reply to address when I receive his reply.

I've been trying to figure this out but hopefully somebody has an answer.

I have about 9 different email accounts set up on my Blackberry, one of them being a Hotmail and another being a Gmail. Let's say I receive an email on my Hotmail account. I want to reply to that email but send that email through my Gmail account, not Hotmail. There's a pull down menu that says "Send Using" but it won't let me select which email account I want to use.

* I can select among all my email accounts when I create a new message.

Anybody know if there's a way to change the email account while replying to an email?
    12-16-09 03:35 PM
    Still didn't work for me:

I have 1 Gmail account which has inside my
    - personal account
    - work account

If I go online to my Gmail account, I can select from a drop-down FROM field which account will send the email (personal/work).

I have the Gmail App installed, I have the account added to my BIS, I have the Gmail plugin, also. Running 5.0.0.411 on 8900

So, how can this be achieved? Using one Gmail Account with multiple profiles inside to not only receive but also send from multiple profiles inside the Gmail Account?
    01-27-10 04:33 AM
    Your reply has to come from the source where you received it. The account that forwarded to the Gmail account is now irrelevant. The e-mail is now Gmail, and is the origin of the message you received on your BlackBerry. Does that make sense?

You may be able to reply from the source in your Gmail account, but that isn't how you received it to your device.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-27-10 at 05:12 AM.
    01-27-10 05:09 AM
    Set up the business email separately on the phone.
    01-27-10 08:13 AM
    Your reply has to come from the source where you received it. The account that forwarded to the Gmail account is now irrelevant. The e-mail is now Gmail, and is the origin of the message you received on your BlackBerry. Does that make sense?

You may be able to reply from the source in your Gmail account, but that isn't how you received it to your device.
    Ah, so what you are saying is that, the address the emails are forwarded to us the one that will be 'selected' as the reply using address and the only way to change this is to not have the emails forwarded to that email address. For example, if you go to hotmail.com to check your emails, you can't reply to one from the inbox using a yahoo or gmail address, which makes sense seeing as there are multiple providers there.
    Basically, if you want to select which email address you wish to use, you can't, you must create a new email with the email you wish to reply to as the body.
    I personally think its silly, if the main email has 15 other addresses forwarded to it, I should be able to select from those 15 which I wish to use. Silly, and should be addressed.

03-30-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD