This seems very odd to me but I ordered the Seidio @ hard case last week from CB.com. (Prior to, I have had a "replacement" Storm running .75 with multiple 3rd party apps for about 6 weeks with ZERO battery pulls or issues at all. A little acclerometer lag but that's it)

Almost instantly after putting on the case, I started having major screen-click issues. About an hour later, I started getting a "SIM Card Error" message- although the phone worked fine.

Finally, last night I put my phone in bedside mode when I went to sleep. When I woke up this morning, it would not turn the radio on. I tried manually three times and then did a battery pull. Still had to manually turn it on after the reboot.

I took the Seidio2 case off and have had no issues for about three hours now.

Any thoughts????
    02-09-09 08:00 AM
    I'm using the Siedo2 case and haven't had any issues. Screen clicks fine. I've only had problems with beta OS bugs, not the case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 08:09 AM
    I'm using the Siedo2 case and haven't had any issues. Screen clicks fine. I've only had problems with beta OS bugs, not the case.

Same here. I have had my Seidio2 case for a few weeks and have had no issues at all. In fact, I feel that screen clicks better with it than without.
    02-09-09 08:30 AM
    I am no Blackberry Expert, but is it even possible that the case is causing these issues? It seems highly unlikely to me but notihng else is new with my storm. I'm going to leave it off all day today and see if the issues reoccur. If not, then I will put it back on and see what happens.
    02-09-09 09:06 AM
    Do you have anything under the battery cover such as a business card? If you do remove it and see what happens. My 2 case seems to put a little extra pressure on the back which helps with the screen click but also caused issues when I had the business card trick in place. I had to remove the business card.

02-09-09 09:24 AM
    If the case is putting additional pressure on, or add rigidity to, the back of the BB case -- battery door, etc. -- it could contribute to all of the problems that you listed. For some, the pressure could be a benefit, becasue it could have the same effect as some of the screen click fixes.
    02-09-09 09:24 AM
    This seems very odd to me but I ordered the Seidio @ hard case last week from CB.com. (Prior to, I have had a "replacement" Storm running .75 with multiple 3rd party apps for about 6 weeks with ZERO battery pulls or issues at all. A little acclerometer lag but that's it)

Almost instantly after putting on the case, I started having major screen-click issues. About an hour later, I started getting a "SIM Card Error" message- although the phone worked fine.

Finally, last night I put my phone in bedside mode when I went to sleep. When I woke up this morning, it would not turn the radio on. I tried manually three times and then did a battery pull. Still had to manually turn it on after the reboot.

I took the Seidio2 case off and have had no issues for about three hours now.

Any thoughts????
    kdechols.

The only time we've seen any of these issues is with customers that have either modified their screws or slipped in a business card. I would suggest reversing these actions and you should be fine.

Thanks,
    02-09-09 09:36 AM
    No problem here.
    02-09-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD