Hey all,

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who this has happened to.

I got the battery as soon as it came out in January - and I love it. I don't know how I'll survive without it - but I may have to.

I've already been through *3* or the flimsy back covers. I use their spring-clip holster - and the phone has come out numerous times if I have bumped into a desk, or something else. Depending on hoe it lands, it either survives, or the "teeth" that are supposed to hold it to the phone, break off.

They are at the point that they will not replace it - claiming abuse or normal wear and tear - I wanted to see if it happened to others - I believe that it's because of the workmanship, design flaw, or materials that they are using.

I actually dropped the phone outside on a parking lot with the standard batery and cover. Other that being in 3 pieces, it survived fine.

Thanks!
    04-17-09 11:17 AM
    Have you thought about trying the Seidio Innocase Surface Extended Battery Case. It will make your storm a bit bigger but from what I have heard it is a great case. You would probably also have to buy a new holster as well, as im not sure it would fit in your current one.
    04-17-09 11:44 AM
    Yes my 'teeth' are hanging on the cover and the finish is rubbing off looks cheap now only had it about 8 weeks. The cover is way too Cheaply made. Battery is good though.
    04-17-09 12:18 PM
    HMMM - WOW - Yeah - it's $50 with the new holster - I would di it in a second if they would send me 1 more battery cover - that should seal the deal (and the Storm). .
    04-17-09 12:25 PM
    I've already been through *3* or the flimsy back covers. I use their spring-clip holster - and the phone has come out numerous times if I have bumped into a desk, or something else. Depending on hoe it lands, it either survives, or the "teeth" that are supposed to hold it to the phone, break off.

They are at the point that they will not replace it - claiming abuse or normal wear and tear - I wanted to see if it happened to others - I believe that it's because of the workmanship, design flaw, or materials that they are using.
    Hello,

We are sorry that you are having trouble with your battery cover. Is there anyway for you to take a photo of your cover? We have a new batch of Storm battery covers that should resolve the issues that you are describing. Please forward your order information to the email address below and we will be more than happy to see how we can help you!

Have you thought about trying the Seidio Innocase Surface Extended Battery Case. It will make your storm a bit bigger but from what I have heard it is a great case. You would probably also have to buy a new holster as well, as im not sure it would fit in your current one.
    Actually, since our holsters are facing-in design, you will NOT need another holster. The HLBB9530ASC will work fine with all the Innocases, including the extended version.

Hope this information helped, please let us know if you have any other questions.
    04-17-09 10:37 PM
    and there it is...the awesome customer support from seidioseidio...top notch, wish more companies had service like this
    04-18-09 01:14 AM
    What is the difference between the new and old covers? The flimsy old covers breaking easily seems to be a known and common occurrence.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 01:22 AM
    I just got my 2600 battery two days ago. It still looks to be the same cover everybody is complaining about two little plastic tabs on the top that look like they will break
    However I also got a innocase extended, and the innocase holster. I also use quick pull. Thus eliminating the need to remove the cover.
    The batttery is great, lasts a long time and also fits in the desktop cradle they have, very well thought out.
    If you are doing battery pulls once a day I don't think it would last very long
    04-18-09 06:26 AM
    Hello,

We are sorry that you are having trouble with your battery cover. Is there anyway for you to take a photo of your cover? We have a new batch of Storm battery covers that should resolve the issues that you are describing. Please forward your order information to the email address below and we will be more than happy to see how we can help you!

Actually, since our holsters are facing-in design, you will NOT need another holster. The HLBB9530ASC will work fine with all the Innocases, including the extended version.

Hope this information helped, please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks - That's what I was hoping to hear. I'll take a pic of it tonight and send you everything - including the response I got regarding the RMA. I'm off on Monday - so that hopefully, we can git R done then.

Thanks!
    04-18-09 10:00 AM
    I just got my 2600 battery two days ago. It still looks to be the same cover everybody is complaining about two little plastic tabs on the top that look like they will break
    However I also got a innocase extended, and the innocase holster. I also use quick pull. Thus eliminating the need to remove the cover.
    The batttery is great, lasts a long time and also fits in the desktop cradle they have, very well thought out.
    If you are doing battery pulls once a day I don't think it would last very long
    The "teeth" or "hinges" or "latches" or "teeth" or whatever you want to call them almost looks like they are not supposed to be there, they are that small (and flimsey). But - we know that they are.

Hopefully' the "new batch" is better. Bottom line - I believe that the Innocase is THE SOLUTION - and, like I said before - THE BATTERY ROCKS!!!
    04-18-09 10:04 AM
    Hello,

Sent it on Saturday
    04-20-09 02:31 PM
    SS,

I have a similar problem.

Will PM you with the details.
    04-20-09 03:36 PM
    and there it is...the awesome customer support from seidioseidio...top notch, wish more companies had service like this
    Wut? Seems like if you go the normal support routes (calling, e-mailing, etc.), support is spotty at best. Bring it up on the message boards and the issue is resolved. That should not be a model support system...
    04-20-09 03:44 PM
    This is exactly what it's all about! I have the 2600 mah batt., batt. cover, Innocase extended case as well as the charging station, and it all comes together quite nicely. That, coupled with QuickPull, and the need for having to remove anything is pretty much eliminated.

My only gripe, and it's petty, is that I wish there were more cases that would accomodate the extended life battery... I like to switch the look of the phone from time to time.

That said, I'm an extremely satisfied customer - recommend Seidio quite highly for those not familiar with their products.
    04-20-09 03:44 PM
    I have the cradle. I the microUsb port broke on the first day. Seido shipped a new one out within days. Great service. My extended battery cover's tooth broke off
    That was only a matter of time. Hopefully customer service will be as good as last time.

04-20-09 04:27 PM
    mine broke the first week... fixed it with electrical tape lol
    04-20-09 04:44 PM
    Mine also broke. Cheap, small plastic tabs. They are metal for a reason on the OEM cover. Seidio, can you post a picture of this new design? I'd like a replacement also.

Also, the Multi-Function Battery Charger DOESN'T work with the original Storm cable!?!?! It charges for a few seconds and then stops charging. And also, the cable that came with the Seidio charger doesn't work with a PC, the Storm doesn't get seen by the computer with this cable.
    Last edited by AMGala; 04-21-09 at 12:17 PM.
    04-21-09 12:14 PM
    I didn't know seidio would do anything about this.... I just stopped using the battery because of the same issue... Hopefully the new design is better...

04-21-09 01:25 PM
    Wut? Seems like if you go the normal support routes (calling, e-mailing, etc.), support is spotty at best. Bring it up on the message boards and the issue is resolved. That should not be a model support system...
    Agreed - and I'm still waiting for a response.
    04-21-09 05:13 PM
    Plan A - Normal Channels - FAIL

Plan B - Try here - so far - no response.

Plan C - Back to the credit card company for a chargeback. I'll use this thread and their warranty as reference. I don't want to go this route - and won't for another day. IF I do - that means I have a good chance of getting the holster charged back also - I have found out from previous history - that a bank can not charge back part of a charge - so, since the holster was ordered with the battery - I would end up getting the entire amount back. And I starter out ready to buy the innocase to make the problem go away. . . .
    04-22-09 08:35 AM
    Have you tried filling out the RMA form? I did when the cradle micoUsb port broke. I got a response in two days and a new one four. I just filled one out on Sunday for the battery cover and received a response on Monday. The exchange process has been great. That is great service and makes a difference. I have only bought two products from Seidio and both have broke. That is two strikes. Due to the great service I may allow them a third strike.

04-22-09 09:11 AM
    Have you tried filling out the RMA form? I did when the cradle micoUsb port broke. I got a response in two days and a new one four. I just filled one out on Sunday for the battery cover and received a response on Monday. The exchange process has been great. That is great service and makes a difference. I have only bought two products from Seidio and both have broke. That is two strikes. Due to the great service I may allow them a third strike.

Yeah - I did - because it was like the 3rd or 4rd time - they rejected the RMA route. The "3rd strike" is the reason I'm willing to wait until the weekend to call the credit card company.
    04-22-09 09:34 AM
    Mine also broke. Cheap, small plastic tabs. They are metal for a reason on the OEM cover. Seidio, can you post a picture of this new design? I'd like a replacement also.

Also, the Multi-Function Battery Charger DOESN'T work with the original Storm cable!?!?! It charges for a few seconds and then stops charging. And also, the cable that came with the Seidio charger doesn't work with a PC, the Storm doesn't get seen by the computer with this cable.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! The ones listed on our website SKU BACY26BB9530B-BK is the most updated one with reinforced clips and tabs. The newest batch also addressed strength issue of the tabs so you shouldn't experience any problems.

It sounds like you are trying to use the sync & charge cable that came with your device to charge? Make sure the switch is flipped to AC Power instead of USB. Also, the device charging cable that came with the Multi-Function Charger is just that -- Charging cable, it will not have any data transfer capability and will not be recognized by your computer.

If you are having trouble still and/or you would like an exchange for your battery door, please forward us your order information to the email listed below, and we will see what we can do for you!

Plan A - Normal Channels - FAIL

Plan B - Try here - so far - no response.

Plan C - Back to the credit card company for a chargeback. I'll use this thread and their warranty as reference. I don't want to go this route - and won't for another day. IF I do - that means I have a good chance of getting the holster charged back also - I have found out from previous history - that a bank can not charge back part of a charge - so, since the holster was ordered with the battery - I would end up getting the entire amount back. And I starter out ready to buy the innocase to make the problem go away. . . .
    Hello,

I'm sorry about your experience! I have gone through the records and cannot find the photos that you took, please send it again along with your order information to the email below and then PM me so I can check right away and get your issues sorted out! Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.
    04-22-09 10:21 AM
    Just sent it again -
    04-22-09 10:39 AM
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! The ones listed on our website SKU BACY26BB9530B-BK is the most updated one with reinforced clips and tabs. The newest batch also addressed strength issue of the tabs so you shouldn't experience any problems.

If you are having trouble still and/or you would like an exchange for your battery door, please forward us your order information to the email listed below, and we will see what we can do for you!
    That is the battery cover style that I have (not the original extended battery door) and the tabs have broken. Perhaps it wasn't from this newest batch though. I'll forward my order info though just to see what can be done.

It sounds like you are trying to use the sync & charge cable that came with your device to charge? Make sure the switch is flipped to AC Power instead of USB. Also, the device charging cable that came with the Multi-Function Charger is just that -- Charging cable, it will not have any data transfer capability and will not be recognized by your computer.
    Correct. When I tried to use the Sync & Charge cable that came with my device with the Multi-function charger plugged into an AC outlet and with the switch in the AC Power mode, the phone charges for a few seconds and then stops charging. I don't understand why though.
    04-22-09 03:40 PM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD