I have a dumb question...for mods and everyone else at this site...i know its next to impossible to search for anything because the forums are just packed with 75 of the same thread named differently but do most people even try or just post whatever about the storm with out searching cause they want to see their name...and mods why dont you clost some of these pointless threads that have 6 differnt ones or at least combine them?>
    04-20-09 09:29 AM
    the mods do the best job they can of cleaning these threads up, but duplications proliferate and it's hard to control thousands of users

but thanks for adding another useless thread...kind of ironic isn't it
    04-20-09 09:34 AM
    We understand users may not know the right words/phrases to put in the search field to get what they need. So, the 75 of the same topics, phrased differently is actually a plus and helps as you will find (if you search) something relating to what you were looking for.

Go to Google and try to search anything for your BB and see Crackberry's name somewhere. I found Crackberry doing a search for a common problem. It came up so many times, I decided this site probably had the info I needed.
    04-20-09 09:38 AM
    the mods do the best job they can of cleaning these threads up, but duplications proliferate and it's hard to control thousands of users

but thanks for adding another useless thread...kind of ironic isn't it
    Its not "useless" as it brings a valid point up.

Being a mod on a huge mustang forum, it not as easy as it sounds just merging threads and such. Sometimes yes it works and others it just adds confusing. And locking every duplicate thread will also cause problems in other ways.

All you can do is make the stickies as well laid out and informative as possible and ask people to READ them and try a search when they ask common questions.
    04-20-09 09:53 AM
    The thing is right, if nobody asked questions that had already been covered on here weeks/months ago, this would be a really boring site. Who cares if someone asks a question that gets reguarly comvered, i can see why it happens though. Plenty of times iv wanted to search for something on here and couldnt find any thing specific to my problem, so even though im sure it would of been covered before, i post another thread and get the answer in 10 minutes with the occasional person like you moaning and complaining.
    04-20-09 10:16 AM
    there are certain ones im talking about like when you have 3 posts with in 6 threads of each other about this vzw rep told me the new os is coming out tom...that kinda crap..shouldnt that be in a differnt thread than where the real os's are located?? that is just a question couldnt you make a speculation forum for this help some of us less fortunate on intelligance navigate a lil easier...i like reading the speculations but not when im trying to actually find something ya know what i mean?
    04-20-09 12:40 PM
    yeah i do see what ur saying, i thought u meant like people asking about screen click etc... however have you noticed that all the specualation threads on here always seem to get 20 pages of posts back.... people love to speculate apparantly ;o)
    04-20-09 01:13 PM
    a related question

Do the mods here want us to help recommend threads that can be merged, or should we just accept it as the nature of the thing and leave the mods alone?
    04-20-09 01:15 PM
    sorry if i didnt say that right earlier genuine questions are one thing i know what its like to be in a hurry for something that i need to get my phone working right before I walk out the door, but when we speculate all the time on things we know half of the people are straight out making up then maybe we should have a speculations os forum to keep this and the os forum dedicated to the real things and helping others mods what do you think? not flaming anyone just tryin to be helpful
    04-20-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD