so I tried 2 brands of screen protector's an both of them were harder to keep smudge free then the glass ever was.. by by screen protector's...
    12-06-08 04:25 AM
    someone posted a video of himself trying to scratch the screen with a knife, keys and more. He could not scratch it. Based on that, I don't think we need screen protectors. I may remove mine too.
    12-06-08 06:06 AM
    someone posted a video of himself trying to scratch the screen with a knife, keys and more. He could not scratch it. Based on that, I don't think we need screen protectors. I may remove mine too.
    Yeah, that was a crazy video. I think I might still order something like ghost armor though. I just want the rest of the phone to be protected too.
    12-06-08 06:17 AM
    after seeing that video, i took off my screen protector and noticed the touch sensitivity seems better. i do not recommend taking off the screen protector though for most people...its a nice peace of mind kind of thing. and you'll get more smudges with out the protector.
    i mostly took mine off because i had a lot of scratches on the protector itself and it made the display look like i went to town with a knife on it like the guy in the video did! (thats what i get for putting it in my pocket with keys) but now with out the protector it always looks new...just lots of smudges that i constantly have to wipe off!
    12-06-08 06:37 AM
    after seeing that video, i took off my screen protector and noticed the touch sensitivity seems better. i do not recommend taking off the screen protector though for most people...its a nice peace of mind kind of thing. and you'll get more smudges with out the protector.
    i mostly took mine off because i had a lot of scratches on the protector itself and it made the display look like i went to town with a knife on it like the guy in the video did! (thats what i get for putting it in my pocket with keys) but now with out the protector it always looks new...just lots of smudges that i constantly have to wipe off!

you do get smudges without the protector but its a heck of alot easier to clean the smudge off of glass vs the crappy plastic protectors..
    12-06-08 06:39 AM
    you do get smudges without the protector but its a heck of alot easier to clean the smudge off of glass vs the crappy plastic protectors..
    i agree, and here's the link i found to ces911's post about his video
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...-video-107605/
    12-06-08 06:40 AM
    yes its a great video saw it when he posted..

I also remember the same thing happening when the iPhone hit there was a bunch of videos doing the same thing...

There not impossible to scratch but its definitely more resistant then anything else used on a phone previously..
    12-06-08 06:43 AM
    How are most people cleaning the screen? Windex, alcohol, plain water? I'm still waiting on my Storm to arrive, but don't know if I'll use the protectors yet if the screen is durable enough. Does the manual say how to clean the screen?
    Thanks
    12-06-08 08:18 AM
    Don't ever use liquids on your screen or phone. Use a dry lint-free cloth, like something you would use to clean your glasses with.
    12-06-08 08:31 AM
    When I first bought my phone, I was using it without any screen protector. (I took off the protective manufacturer cover right off). The oily smudges were driving me crazy.

Installed Ghost Armor on the screen (and rest of the phone) and am overjoyed with it. No more smudges. Easy to wipe clean every once in a while. And I have had no touchscreen sensitivity problems either. I think you can buy the touchscreen only, if you don't want to do the whole phone.

Rich
    12-06-08 10:03 AM
    Don't ever use liquids on your screen or phone. Use a dry lint-free cloth, like something you would use to clean your glasses with.
    I really meant a soft cloth moistened with these liquids.
    12-06-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD