I have adjusted the screen to the highest sensitivity, but still have to basically "body slam" the screen/keyboard....any suggestions? Im about over this phone and ready to take it back!
    08-24-09 02:21 PM
    This has been covered many times before but cut a business card or matchbook cover to the size of your battery. Put the card under the battery, reinstall the battery and your screen should respond much better.

Some will suggest putting a dime under the battery but a business card cut to size should do the trick.
    08-24-09 03:32 PM
    what worked best for me. WARNING: THIS will void your warranty. but if you take the back battery cover off you will see a t6 screw. one with a white sticker over it. one without. i loosend those up a bit and the screen was perfect afterwards. i went through the "body slam" for months b4 i read about it and it works perfect.
    08-24-09 03:48 PM
    Try the business card. Sorry you feel that way. Hope things get better for ya.
    08-24-09 03:50 PM
    Business card is under the battery...will see how it goes for today, thank you all for your help!
    08-25-09 08:09 AM
    Screen sensitivity varies quite a bit across devices. Suggest u test replacement(s) out in store 2 get click as well as call quality u want!

If u do so...transfer what's on phone via Desktop Mgr Device Switch Wizard. Run 1st half (backup of orig) > leave open > complete w/new device.
    Last edited by Transfigured; 08-25-09 at 08:49 AM.
    08-25-09 08:22 AM
    Got Storm last Friday, debated on Tour or Storm for hours...Wife got Tour, I got Storm(Verizon)(don't like having same stuff and screen size sold me). So far, love it. I text better vertical because of my fat fingers, but must say I have had only minor pauses. Bottom left corner of screen is slightly more difficult to "activate" but nothing that seems to hinder use.
    08-25-09 08:27 AM
    If none of it work then return the phone and get something else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 08:34 AM
    I just exchanged mine at the store and my new one works like the phone should have in the first place
    08-25-09 09:07 AM
    yeah, i didn't tolerate the screen click stuff...i can tolerate software flaws because we can overcome them with leaks and hybrids and 3rd party apps, that are free BTW...but you pay for the phone and service, and warranty is included, why not use the **** out of the warranty and get a phone you're happy with?

caution: it might take you more than one phone to get a good one, just be warned...if you're not capable of having form of patience at all, then i'd say turn your b*tch meter up and try to get a new phone
    08-25-09 12:08 PM
    I know I've traded my wifes in 4 times because she demanded a dif one lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 02:00 PM
    I have adjusted the screen to the highest sensitivity, but still have to basically "body slam" the screen/keyboard....any suggestions? Im about over this phone and ready to take it back!
    Take it back and get a different phone. The Storm is not for everyone (though I love mine).
    08-25-09 02:17 PM
    Take it back and get a different phone. The Storm is not for everyone (though I love mine).
    i disagree, i'd say if you like the phone, then get a warranty exchange for one that is more responsive to clicking...a new phone won't always solve the problems...i'd say that if you wanted a different phone than the storm, they'd prolly offer you a phone that is less functional than the storm, way older than the storm, or has more problems than the storm...so take your pick...
    08-25-09 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD