I have had the Storm for 5 days now and I am really impressed. Moved up from a Curve that I had for 3 years.

The screen takes about 3 to 10 seconds to rotate. It has been like this from day-1 and has not gotten better or worse. This is a pretty big deal when you have to wait to do a necessary task.

Is there a way to minimize this issue?

Thanks for your help!
    10-13-09 07:19 AM
    I have had the Storm for 5 days now and I am really impressed. Moved up from a Curve that I had for 3 years.

The screen takes about 3 to 10 seconds to rotate. It has been like this from day-1 and has not gotten better or worse. This is a pretty big deal when you have to wait to do a necessary task.

Is there a way to minimize this issue?

Thanks for your help!
    I'm guessing you are on OS .148. You might find it faster in .167 or .151 however both of these OS has a few bugs in them but you will find them far superior then .148

.230 has the fastest accelometer but IMHO there are far too many bugs in it. You may want to take a look at the hybrid in my signature, that has worked fine for me and the accelometer may not be as fast as .230 it's definitely faster then .148.
    10-13-09 08:04 AM
    Check the choosing an OS link in my sig to get an idea of what to expect from each OS. That way you dont install .167 and realize that maybe you bought some premium themes and you cant use them. Not to talk you out of upgrading an OS, but if it is your first time I would try to stick to installing full leaked OS's before a hybrid. Either way you choose though Hookbill is right and you may want to look into upgrading.

If you would like my help post back in my OS upgrade thread in my sig or Ask T.H.e Council at the top of my sig. There are many subscribed to the TH council thread so if you post there you may get a faster response.
    10-13-09 08:30 AM
    Thanks I was having the same problem
    10-13-09 09:44 AM
    4.7 os is sooo slow..be sure to backup your files. .230 is much faster and worth a try.
    10-13-09 05:33 PM
    4.7 os is sooo slow..be sure to backup your files. .230 is much faster and worth a try.

Not totally true. .151 and .167 are actually pretty quick, especially Lyricidal's hybrids . Without a doubt, though, .230 is by far the fastest and best OS to date.

You can always downgrade, so I would give .230 a shot first to see if you like it.
    It does have a few glitches and some apps don't yet work with it, but overall it is far superior to any 4.7 build IMHO.
    10-13-09 06:01 PM
    I don't get why you would complain about the bugs in .230? The pros far outweigh the cons.
    EDIT - forgot to quote whoever said something about it's bugs... ehh...
    10-13-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD