Are screen protectors necessary for the STORM? I would prefer not to use one because the screen is better looking and more responsive without it but have been afraid to go bare. Thanks for the info.
    05-19-09 03:38 PM
    I used to put one on it but mine kept bubbling up. Been naked for about 3 months and it looks as good as the day I got it. the screen is pretty tough..
    05-19-09 03:40 PM
    I have a reusable screen protector on it and I dont have any bubbles underneath it and I havent removed it since I put it on Months ago. I haven't noticed any change in touch screen sensitivity and I am very happy with it thus far. I know my dog has jumped on my phone a few times soo far and the screen protector protected it from betting scratched. Not sure how well the naked screen would hold up against a dogs nails or whether my keys or something in my pocket would scratch it either but I'm not trying to find out.
    05-19-09 03:46 PM
    LS2 Where did u get the resuseable one? The ones I got from vzw and BB were the 3 to a pack stick on and they were lousy.. Id like to try that...
    05-19-09 03:51 PM
    Yeah I got the 3 pack too, had one on for about 3 months and then one day it just fell off out of nowhere. Ive been bare ever since.

But it did seem that as the days went by the bubbles measured less in number
    05-19-09 04:29 PM
    invisible shield from zagg.com

best skins out there. you can get screen only....
    05-19-09 04:30 PM
    ive found the VZW 3-pack protectors to be great.

easily installed and they dont degrade the screen appearance or touch response.

i did however (the first one i put on after the factory film peeled off) leave the 'second' film on, lol

i didnt know the 3-pack protectors are actually 3 pieces each.
    05-19-09 05:57 PM
    ive found the VZW 3-pack protectors to be great.

easily installed and they dont degrade the screen appearance or touch response.

i did however (the first one i put on after the factory film peeled off) leave the 'second' film on, lol

i didnt know the 3-pack protectors are actually 3 pieces each.
    Same here. No problems/bubbles. Looks like nothing is there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 05:59 PM
    Thanks for the info. My screen protector has bubbles in it and it drives me crazy.
    05-19-09 06:15 PM
    I took mine off when I got it in November and have no scratches at all. I have always carried it in a holster. I guess I might leave it on if you carry in your pocket.

Grey
    05-19-09 07:19 PM
    I'm using invisible shield. Paid around 20 bucks for it at Best Buy. Lifetime guarantee if it gets scratched and it doesn't interfere with the sensitivity of the touchscreen. The only drawback is the process of installing it.

05-19-09 07:41 PM
    +1 on Zagg. IMHO, the best film protector out there. There may be bubbles to begin with, but if you give it time, they resolve themselves.

I've heard the screens are pretty tough, but then again, I'm pretty tough on my equipment.
    05-19-09 07:48 PM
    as beautiful as it may be...still need to use protection...sound familiar...
    05-19-09 08:25 PM
    +1 on Zagg. IMHO, the best film protector out there. There may be bubbles to begin with, but if you give it time, they resolve themselves.

I've heard the screens are pretty tough, but then again, I'm pretty tough on my equipment.

I have them on every electronic device that I own....corners turn yellow after a bit but other than that they rock!
    05-20-09 07:57 AM
    I got the zagg screen protector and it works great

05-20-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD