I know the Storm 1 comes with a screen protector already on it from the factory (look close around the edge of the screen and you will see it) but before I knew this, I pulled mine off. So I now have a bare screen, completely exposed to the elements (like my keys when it's in my pocket). Has anyone else pulled the factory screen protector off and had any problems? I've already bought 3 new screen protectors and they keep getting scratched up but I haven't seen any scratches since I've been running naked, so let's hear some input.
    03-09-10 11:49 AM
    Do you see the tiny dots on your screen? I read a post (somewhere deep in the bowels of CB) saying that someone was using a solution to clean their screen and they "cleaned" the dots right off of the screen. Thee also said (I believe) that the phone would no longer register their touch correctly.

This, to me, is motivation enough to keep at least some sort of protection on my device. Two to five dollars can save you a lot of heartache in the long run.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 01:12 PM
    I have had a screen protector on my phone since I got it a year ago, and so far had no issues. I took the factory one off right away and used one of those that you could purchase directly at the Verizon store (I bought the package of 3 and a silicone case when I bought the phone). I would say it's a matter of personal choice, but I prefer there being another level of protection that I feel like the phone with nothing does not have.
    03-09-10 01:19 PM
    There is always someone asking this question. if you search you will find plenty of threads that discuss this.

Basically what it boils down to: The Storm does not 'need' a protector. the screen itself is durable and pretty hard to scratch. A lot of people feel that a screen protector also cuts down on the sensitivity/response of the screen.

It is all a matter of personal preference.

That said, I have gone both with and without a protector. I don't like how dirty the screen gets without a protector on it. I am using a Zagg Invishield protector and love it as much as every other Zagg user out there. Just a wipe on my sleeve and makeup residue, fingerprints, kids slobber, etc. are gone. I love the feel of the protector and don't notice any problems with the response time, etc. by using the shield.

Like I said, search and read. Then make an informed decision as to what you want to do.
    03-09-10 01:25 PM
    I know the Storm 1 comes with a screen protector already on it from the factory (look close around the edge of the screen and you will see it) but before I knew this, I pulled mine off. So I now have a bare screen, completely exposed to the elements (like my keys when it's in my pocket). Has anyone else pulled the factory screen protector off and had any problems? I've already bought 3 new screen protectors and they keep getting scratched up but I haven't seen any scratches since I've been running naked, so let's hear some input.
    i've gone without a screen protector since day one. i sometimes keep it in my pocket with my keys. had it for over a year and no scratches.
    03-09-10 05:47 PM
    My Storm has been running naked since day 2. yes the screen is touch to scratch, but not impossable. I had mine slide down the highway for about 20 feet and it put a small scratch on the screen. If you know where it is you can see it, other than that the case too a worse hit, and no problems. I say stay free and naked is the best option
    03-09-10 06:07 PM
    Ditch the protector...its nicer without it.

Anything that is going to damage your screen with out the protector will damage it even if it had it.....

I doubt you will find any stories of a person who regrets not using a screen protector....
    03-09-10 06:56 PM
    Did you guys actually remove the factory installed screen protector?
    03-09-10 08:09 PM
    Or are you just saying you haven't installed an aftermarket protector
    03-09-10 08:10 PM
    I had an issue with my phone and had to speak with rim. They questioned if I had removed the protective layer off of the screen which I had. I was then told that their screen cover can actually melt to your screen. Their cover is only there for packaging and to ensure its not scratched when you get it. I've had my storm for 15 mths and am on my second screen protector. I bought 6 on eBay for 5.00 including shipping. At this rate my protectors may outlast my phone.

03-09-10 11:22 PM
    The factory installed protectors are for shipping only and not intended to actually be used. Had you kept it on you would have been very disappointed in it because they scratch easily, bubble, pull away, etc.
    03-10-10 12:51 AM
    I always have mine on. Its just a nice and cheap safeguard. The only thing I hate to see is when people dont take the time to do it properly and there are bubbles everywhere. It just looks like crap.
    03-10-10 03:03 AM
    If you want to keep your device looking pristine do so. Remember, of you sell your device ever. Nobody wants to buy a dinged up and scratched device

03-10-10 07:22 AM
    I've taken off that factory film on the screen since day 1 and my Storm is currently naked. I have not had a scratch on it and I've had my Storm since Feb of 2009. It all depends on your preference.
    03-11-10 03:02 PM
    Yeah I ditched the protector too. I bought a Case-Mate Barely There case for her off ebay (love it BTW - got the silver that grades from black at the top to silver at the bottom, it's awesome and doesn't add a ton of bulk) and it came with a screen protector - one of those heavy ones that is a great quality and doesn't get air bubbles when you apply. I went to put it on and it had a scratch in it LOL. Didn't bother after that. Screen is pristine.
    03-11-10 03:22 PM
    Mine has been naked for over a year and it's fine. The post about cleaning the dots off is ridiculous lol

03-11-10 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD