Ok heres the deal...
    I obtained my storm when it was first released by VZ. Since then I have actually dropped it 3 times. I have the rubber skin that goes around it so there has been no visual evidence of the 3 said drops. However, there are now certain spots on my screen that do not react to touch anymore. here are a few examples...

1) when at the word mole game menu, it reacts to the option,help, and exit but when I hit play...nothing.

2)Volume button on screen: it takes many tries before it will actually work. 9/10 times it will just go to the bb menu.

3)Texting while in landscape(top of phone on L-bottom on R): when I try to text, letters W,E,S,D,Z,X dont light up and are not able to be entered when pressed.
    When on letters E,D letters R,F light up and are entered when pressed.

My conclusion is that maybe the touch sensor is damaged or something in that specific area of the phone, Due to dropping it?

What do you guys think is the reason for this?

Should I just save myself the headache and just call to get a replacement?
    03-12-09 01:58 PM
    Somebody....Anybody....
    03-12-09 02:43 PM
    So the screen actually clicks down but nothing happens? Or does the screen not click in those areas?
    03-12-09 03:18 PM
    If you have insurance, then you're probably just better off getting a replacement rather than troubleshooting.
    03-12-09 03:32 PM
    blusky,
    It clicks but nothing happens
    03-12-09 04:02 PM
    Have you tried removing the rubber skin and seeing if the issue continues? What has happened to me is that when I have the skin on sometimes it renders the screen useless, nothing reacts. However, when I remove the rubber skin everything works just fine.
    06-04-09 08:43 AM
    Warranty replacement. I wouldn't use insurance if there's no visible damage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 09:36 AM
    GET A REPLACEMENT!.....that easy
    06-04-09 09:42 AM
    i had the same issue with my storm. So i did what was best and got rid of it. I went back to the bold. I love the device, but they take way to long to fix these kinds of bugs... I'd say just try to deal with it buddy. Or get a javelin or Bold... or just wait for one of the new phones to come out... Or like most buy the contender... IPHONE... lol...
    06-04-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD