Having a problem with the app, it unlocks quite easily with just a face You don't have to slide the little slider, you can slide anywhere on the screen and it will unlock. I know someone else was having an issue with this and posted in the 3rd party app sub-forum, and I searched this thread to see if someone mentioned it but didn't see it.
    That's exactly what I was mentioning in my last post. Good to know I'm not the only one accidentally sliding the phone across my face and unlocking it!

Thank goodness at least the app has been updated to snap the slider back instead of allowing you to gradually move it with your cheek until it's unlocked.
    12-28-08 09:10 PM
    I did this. My click was weak near the center bottom (where the A is). It was perfect everywhere else. Now it is good everywhere.
    12-29-08 06:30 PM
    Suggested features for TalkLock (either always or by settings):

1. Do not lock when on speakerphone or bluetooth! (The phone isn't up against my face.)
    2. Wait a few more seconds after user presses a key, especially if the keyboard has been activated. (Why lock immediately after I've started walking through a touch-tone menu?)
    3. (less urgent) Allow user to supply a list of phone numbers, which will either not auto-lock at all or will lock after a longer delay (e.g., voicemail, company vmail). Combined with #2, this lets user navigate common menus without having to unlock every time.
    12-29-08 06:31 PM
    Nice. Thanks for sharing!
    12-29-08 07:03 PM
    What is the approximate thickness of this felt pad?
    12-29-08 07:10 PM
    When a phone call is coming in...anyone have problems with answering a call using the green CALL button? Only way for me to answer a call is to press the ANSWER button on the screen.

Also a press of the Camera button, back button will unlock the phone.
    12-29-08 07:28 PM
    when i plug mine in i get "blackberry 9530" when I click on that I get "device Memory" or "Media card" If I click on device memory i get "flycast" thats it, if I click on Media Card I get "Music", and thats it. No "user" no "home", here, heres a screen shot...

Sorry for Black and White, but color was too big

From page 1...

I found a file, renamed it "TalkLock-Background.png", saved it to desktop. I tethered my BB to my laptop. I opened up "F:\home\user" and pasted the .png file there...pull the battery, count to 30, put it back in, call voicemail.
    12-29-08 10:46 PM
    Suggested features for TalkLock (either always or by settings):

1. Do not lock when on speakerphone or bluetooth! (The phone isn't up against my face.)
    2. Wait a few more seconds after user presses a key, especially if the keyboard has been activated. (Why lock immediately after I've started walking through a touch-tone menu?)
    3. (less urgent) Allow user to supply a list of phone numbers, which will either not auto-lock at all or will lock after a longer delay (e.g., voicemail, company vmail). Combined with #2, this lets user navigate common menus without having to unlock every time.

If the first suggestion is implemented, please make this an OPTION and not always. I WANT my screen to lock when I'm on bluetooth so that the screen doesn't get pressed and hang up the call when it is in my pocket (or when I am putting it back in my pocket if I had it out for some reason)....
    Maybe the amount of time before the lock is activated could be customizable by the user? (ie, menu setting for time to lock: 1, 3, 5, 7 seconds....
    12-30-08 10:15 AM
    I download the screen lock from this forum to my phone and it sends me an email that I open...then I open the email and download the app to my phone but it doesn't work when I make a call or get a call. I go to apps and it is downloaded but is not functioning. Am I doing something wrong?
    12-30-08 10:40 AM
    I just noticed that when you save in pain as a png and you name it TalkLock-Background.png if you look on the properties of the file in details it shows up as TalkLock-Background.png.png Im going to take of the png and see if it works
    12-30-08 09:51 PM
    Still locks up my Storm!
    12-30-08 09:53 PM
    also is there anyway to change the color of the print on the talk lock screen. the background works the way i tried its just my background is white. lol
    12-30-08 10:01 PM
    Anyone else with me on wanting the screen to automatically re-lock after 10 sec or so?? This would make the app 110% better IMHO.

Especially if the length of time was customizable- 5, 10, 15, 30s etc...
    12-30-08 10:56 PM
    Hi, I followed the directions for changing the background with a custom image, however, the image only shows up as a small square in the top left of the screen. Any ideas? The app works great otherwise, thanks.
    01-02-09 06:53 AM
    I installed TalkLock and it works. But my Visual Voice Mail no longer notifies me of calls. I removed TalkLock and VVM again notifies me.

Not 100% sure if it's related, but I am leaving off TalkLock for now.
    01-02-09 12:59 PM
    TalkLock is a great app but it eats up about 10 megs of free memory! I had to go a head and delete it. Back to hitting the mute button with my cheek.
    01-02-09 01:03 PM
    very nice app
    01-02-09 01:19 PM
    I must constantly slide my phone across my cheek during calls, because while talklock works great at first, I always pull the phone away from my ear to find the screen no longer locked. I'm now starting to think I would enjoy the option to disable the slider entirely, since the screen unlocks with the back button anyway, and that would stop my face from unlocking the darn screen on every call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 01:27 PM
    I just want to say that, i had did a full wipe of my phone last night and reinstalled .85 due to a program called smspic failing to be removed. So i reinstalled my normal programs vibandring, quick pull, so and so on. I went to the storm wiki to download talk lock and the link died. So i tried something. Long story short, when I had downloaded auto lock, in the options, it says "Action when on call" and the options are "Lock" and "Don't Lock." Well i chose lock and a friend called me not to long ago and during the call it had locked. My face was clicking the screen and i looked down i say my wallpapers changing (i have visual arts on there). I was amazed. While on the call I had to do was hit the lock button to unlock. Apologies if this isn't a new find, but this surely struck me as great news that i thought i should share with those who would like another option to this great program Talk Lock
    01-03-09 12:31 PM
    Sure Genius I Feel Like I Have A New Phone
    01-03-09 12:35 PM
    I'm another who has the phone randomly unlock itself when on a call... I must slide my phone alot when I talk too.... A hard button unlock only option would be nice, or move the slider to the bottom of the screen.
    01-03-09 09:24 PM
    no matter what i do i cant change my background...do you need to get a png picture or just rename it .png then take out the battery?...please help its getting annoying.
    01-16-09 03:21 PM
    I'm too lazy to drive to the store for the felt pads, but a tiny piece of business card and some masking tape seem to have achieved the same result. Thanks for the great advice!
    07-07-10 02:03 PM
223 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD