Hey,

So my blackberry started acting up a couple days ago. They screen would just go completely black. you can tell the backlighting on the phone still works, it glows black.. does that make sense? And the phone will make and receive phone calls - but the screen would stop working. I tried a soft reset and it started up fine, just took much longer than usual to start up. The screen worked, but then faded out like normal when you let the phone idle - and now it won't turn on at all.

I tried to downgrade the software with the desktop manager to see if maybe it was just the software. I figured I'd just reinstall the upgrade and see what happens. While the device was loading the old OS, it stated there was a fatal error while upgrading and to close and restart the installation. Then the LED inidcator went red and the device is no longer detected by my computer.

It can still make and receive calls, etc. But my computer can't detect the phone at all. I obviously can't do a hard reset within the phone's software - I can't see what I'm doing.

I called Verizon and they just want to send out a replacement device because the "screen is jacked up".. but it's Saturday, the phone won't be here til probably Wednesday - I figured I'd try to fix it somehow if possible.

Any ideas??
    Last edited by jenn.esque; 05-09-09 at 03:12 PM.
    05-09-09 03:05 PM
    I feel your pain
    05-09-09 04:35 PM
    Are you on .141? My screen has done something like this since I upgraded. Have you tried a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 04:58 PM
    I gave the same problem.
    Also the screen seems to be crashing if it works.

Tried everything from downgrade to wipe and upgrade.

But nothing seems to work.

This started 24 h after the official .141 upgrade.

Someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-09-09 07:58 PM
    Yeah, tried a battery pull - no software upgrade. Just what came on the phone. This just randomly happened.

Tried to reload the OS and the dang thing had a "fatal error" and now the BB device manager cannot detect the phone at all.
    05-10-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD