Ok my first issue about 20 minutes ago was that I couldn't get on the internet. While I was in the middle of trying a few tricks that I read about on here the screen locked up. I pulled the battery on it, and booted it back up, now the touchscreen won't work and the only thing I can do now is answer phone calls with the green button. Any ideas, or do I just need to scoot on up to verizon and get another phone?
    12-19-08 04:21 PM
    Ok my first issue about 20 minutes ago was that I couldn't get on the internet. While I was in the middle of trying a few tricks that I read about on here the screen locked up. I pulled the battery on it, and booted it back up, now the touchscreen won't work and the only thing I can do now is answer phone calls with the green button. Any ideas, or do I just need to scoot on up to verizon and get another phone?
    You're screwed....

Nah, maybe not. Remember, even though you use it as a phone its a computer. Sometimes they freeze up. Try another battery pull and see what happens.

Is this BB new or did you just upgrade the OS to the leaked .83 or what?
    12-19-08 04:25 PM
    Brand spankin new, just got it in the mail a few hours ago. I'll try the battery pull and see what happens, if not i'm on my way to verizon to get a new one.
    12-19-08 04:26 PM
    Brand spankin new, just got it in the mail a few hours ago. I'll try the battery pull and see what happens, if not i'm on my way to verizon to get a new one.
    if you have DM plug the BB in and let it check for updates. A little system refresh might do the trick.

Obviously bringing it back if its not working is always an options, but i would suggest trying what you can first. I only say this because you only get one warranty replacement (officially) if somehow you have any more issues with the replacement they will give you a lot of flack for bringing it back a second time.....not that they won't replace it eventually its just annoying.

Try all the basic fixes first. Definately plug into DM and check for updates, add or remove applications you dont need, etc.
    12-19-08 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD