Ok, soo ive been experiencing some weird things from my BB, and ive only had it for 2 days! I did a full wipe handheld and did nothing to the screen, anywho here's a screenshot i got:

Where i circled in red, and highlighted in blue, i have to press super hard in order for the ''space key'' to work in SMS, emails, what ever typing i do. Its not only that, when i use my phone like displayed, i have trouble selecting the application-buttons etc. when I'm not typing, in the home menu. I always have to press harder than if i just had to click in the middle of the screen, i dont seem to hear the click when i press it in the red part. When i change it to normal potrait view, it still does it, the other side of the phone, where its written #140, it click nicely and i have no problem using it, its only in the red part that i have problem's clicking the screen to type or select something.

Is it normal? I'm probably going back to Bell mobility tomorow to get a new BB!

Any help would be appreciated!
    JP
    02-23-09 06:31 PM
    I ran into a similar problem I did a batt pull and fixed the problem. Have u tried a batt pull? If so then I am out of answers....sorry.
    02-23-09 07:07 PM
    All mighty screen click problem. Try putting a piece of paper under the battery or take it back and get replacement.
    02-23-09 07:09 PM
    I ran into a similar problem I did a batt pull and fixed the problem. Have u tried a batt pull? If so then I am out of answers....sorry.
    Yes i have tried a battery pull... but i doubt it has to do with software.. it's more physical than anything else, since even with the phone turned off, the left side of the phone, looking at it portrait view, doesn't click like the right side of the phone!

Its probably just a manufacturers default, but i just want to make sure, or even better, some of you with your phone in front of you try this, does it click the same on the right side vs. the left? It should click the same everywhere on the screen, no? I can't even activate the home menu when i click on the left side of my screen (Portrait view), i really have to press hard.. not just the normal click i would elsewhere on my screen.

JP
    02-23-09 07:13 PM
    All mighty screen click problem. Try putting a piece of paper under the battery or take it back and get replacement.
    Tried it.. and it actually worked!! Ill still take it in for replacement tomorow.. it seems to run slow, maybe the newer will run smoother and faster! And if it does the click problem, ill put a piece of paper again!

Thanks for the help!
    JP
    02-23-09 07:53 PM
    I returned my wifes storm last week for a faulty screen,just be prepared to explain to them that this is a mechanical failure of the phone.They were insistent with me that it needed a soft and then a hard boot and when that didn't work they really didn't see the problem with the screenJust be firm and get a new phone,I did.
    02-23-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD