I noticed on the screen there pa some faint white spots.is that a dead pixal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 01:16 PM
    i have like faint white spots on the bottom of my screen. Almost like its a faded mark. not sure if its the same as yours or not but a dead pixel is usually a real small dot. The size of a pixel lol. I get my replacement today for another issue with it so good riddens hopefulyl.
    06-24-09 01:19 PM
    What are those spots then?

06-24-09 01:29 PM
    i think the phone comes with a screen protector attached and its just the corners starting to slip off... if u push it down near there does it go away for a little while?
    06-24-09 01:30 PM
    get a microfiber cloth and wipe it, it could just be a dust particle.
    06-24-09 01:36 PM
    Its in the middle of the screen. Wiped it down with one of my microfiber clothes and its still there

06-24-09 01:44 PM
    Could it be dust UNDER the screen? If so...

Run for the hills boys, we've been scuttled!

06-24-09 01:47 PM
    Not sure its kind of like a brighter white than the screen

06-24-09 01:53 PM
    If the screen looks almost starry, it's usually due to water damage. I've seen it a few times.
    06-24-09 02:04 PM
    I think i have exactly what you are describing. If you bring up a white screen you can see it better. It almost looks like a defect in the screen it self. I only have it at the bottom and can only see it when its a bright color. I had it ever since i got this refurb.

I have had 0 luck with refurbs from verizon. had 4 voyagers 2 dares and now on to my 3rd storm. Im kinda hoping the thing is horrid when i get home. Verizon will replace a unit w/ a comparabled device ie tour
    06-24-09 02:13 PM
    Had the same problem with mine. After about a month it started to grow, not much. Got fed up, so I took it back to verizon and was to it was moisture under the floating screen. They to me there was nothing to do to fix it, just get another, refurd, storm. They said it's not my fault anyhting could have cuased it. A humid day, having in the bathroom while the shower is going, etc.
    06-24-09 04:25 PM
    I think the white spots you are describing are dust particles under the screen

06-24-09 04:31 PM
    Last month I got a little water near the screen.
    You would have thought I dunked the whole thing in a bucket!

If you ask me, the little white spot is left over from some slight water damage or moisture under the screen.
    06-24-09 05:13 PM
    YWell just left verizon. If you buy it from craigslist. There is no one year warr.?

06-25-09 06:41 PM
    i have the same problem...its a pretty big bludge in the top left corner of the screen and its whiter than the normal lighting but only can be seen with white backgrounds. i'm planning to take it in soon. maybe i should backup it up before i go :/
    12-11-09 03:48 PM
    Its in the middle of the screen. Wiped it down with one of my microfiber clothes and its still there

I have that too.. don't know what it is
    12-11-09 06:19 PM
    My Storm had the white spots show up on day, turned out it was some bruising on the screen protector film. Peeled it off and put on a new one, all fixed

If the OP's problem is due to screen protector damage, he can get new protector films from a Verizon store, BestBuy, or online at any BlackBerry dealer.
    12-11-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD