My storm 1 is an OG. but the screen is starting to become dead. I have tried all tricks that include putting stuff behind the battery and back door. I haven't tried turning the screws and probably won't.

Does anyone have a different or unique fix for a dead screen? ( it barely pushes in or clicks)

Just wondering. maybe its time for something else because I'm not sure if Verizon will replace it since it has been over a year? will they? either way...have a good night...
    03-17-10 08:09 PM
    If you have a compressor or a friend with one, blow it out real good.
    I don't think those little cans have enough pressure. You can try one though.
    I have a compressor and have had my screen stick, I just blow it out and it's good to go.
    Also I have heard you can take it to a verizon store and they will blow it out for you.
    Good luck
    03-18-10 05:44 PM
    Thats a new one for sure...I will see how it works, or buy droid.
    03-18-10 08:37 PM
    Get a new phone this way when you replace the storm with a droid at least you will have a brand new storm as a back up. I have a fru for about 5 months now and its great (for a storm).
    Just make sure you do use it few a few weeks to make sure that you got a good fru.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 08:58 PM
    cleaning.

there is one set of screws under the battery cover, one set under the microphone which is below the buttons on the front, and one set under the faceplate covering the camera. Play with them.

The configuration I use has the middle and bottom set tightened fully with the top set near the camera loosened about 200 degrees. It's clicktastic.
    03-18-10 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD