Apparently other people have this problem as well but I haven't found any answers on other forums. Maybe someone here can help. When I'm not using the phone and the screen is off, if I start using it any way OTHER than by clicking the screen (such as if I take it out of the holster and the screen turns on automatically, or if I press any of the four bottoms on the bottom) then the screen displays but if I need to select anything it doesn't respond to the first click.

So for example, if I take it out of the holster, the screen turns on and I can hover over buttons without a problem and I can press any of the four buttons on the bottom without a problem, but if I want to go into ANYTHING like my email or options or whatever, pressing the screen once does nothing. After I press it once and it does nothing, then it works again without a problem until the next time the screen turns off. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    01-13-09 07:51 PM
    I notice this as well...it could possibly be a safety feature to weed out accidental screen presses while in pocket?
    01-13-09 08:19 PM
    I noticed this as well. i don't know specifics though.
    01-13-09 09:00 PM
    same here.

Almost like you have to doubleclick
    01-13-09 09:03 PM
    Ditto. It gets annoying.
    01-13-09 09:46 PM
    I notice this as well...it could possibly be a safety feature to weed out accidental screen presses while in pocket?
    Yea that was my take on it also, but I agree with the others it CAN be annoying.
    01-13-09 09:54 PM
    I figured it was an annoying feature. I sometimes have to click several times to get the unlock button to work.
    01-14-09 07:18 AM
    I dont think this is a feature that you can turn on and off.... I think its a problem with the software.... My wife has the same phone & she does not have this problem... I have both phones set up the same way (settings etc...) one day, my phone just started doing this... I can't figure it out either... Has anyone found a solution, or is it a flaw in the software? Has anyone tried a complete swipe??
    01-17-09 01:15 PM
    I thought it was me! Nice to know others have the same problem.
    01-17-09 01:30 PM
    Depending on the OS this will change.

The OS is "waking up".
    01-17-09 01:47 PM
    Ditto. I think its a flaw in the leaked OS. I have .86.
    01-17-09 01:53 PM
    Not sure. I have no new aps or os system. One day good the next day not good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 02:05 PM
    Same problem for me too. You're not alone!
    01-17-09 02:13 PM
    Bump.... Any solutions out there??
    01-18-09 08:22 PM
    I have the same problem. It's very annoying. I can't say when I first noticed it, because I just thought I was typing my password incorrectly for the longest time.
    01-18-09 08:28 PM
    I found that mine only does this while its laying flat on a table. If I hold it the way its usually held when I want to use the phone, 1 click does the job.
    01-18-09 08:29 PM
    Any solutions yet? I still have not been able to figure this one out, short of returning the phone....
    01-19-09 03:47 PM
    It sort of is like "double clicking" sometimes. Remember that in order to make the Storm accurate, RIM applied their click technology. Therefore, you must first highlight, and THEN click. Sometimes it works on the first click, but other times you click, the phone doesn't have anything highlighted yet, so it can't execute a command without the highlight, and therefore merely highlights the item rather than executing the command.

Just highlight and click. Though sometimes the phone is just buggy :/
    01-19-09 04:09 PM
    Thanks Eurojazzer, but I am highlighting before I click... Still have to double click... I will call Telus & see about getting a new phone....
    01-25-09 08:42 PM
    Trevo, I have the same issue. Was comparing with one of the Telus reps on Friday where mine needs a double-click and hers did not, then figured out that mine only seems to need the double-click after removing from the magnetic case. If I manually lock the phone then manually unlock, without using the case, it then only needs one click.
    01-25-09 09:49 PM
    Trevo, I have the same issue. Was comparing with one of the Telus reps on Friday where mine needs a double-click and hers did not, then figured out that mine only seems to need the double-click after removing from the magnetic case. If I manually lock the phone then manually unlock, without using the case, it then only needs one click.
    I just tried taking mine out of my magnet case a few times and each time it took only one click to open the browser, messages, etc.

I noticed that on my old storm, (the one i talked about above was the replacement I got) it always took a double click to select pretty much anything. I'd have to hover then lift my finger up again and click (OS .75). Now though, on my new phone which also has .75 all I need to do is click, it's now one motion and not a double click. It's strange that two phone that are in theory identical would behave like that. Could it potentially be a hardware problem?
    01-25-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD