Hello CB gang,

Beginning last night my screen all of a sudden will be at 10%. After I let it turn off and I tap it back on it is at 100% brightness. This has happened all day. I checked my screen setting at it is set at 100%. Does anyone know what is going on and how to remedy it? Thanks in advance.

Smp31
    06-20-09 06:37 PM
    it will change when it is dark or bright out
    06-20-09 06:49 PM
    Hello CB gang,

Beginning last night my screen all of a sudden will be at 10%. After I let it turn off and I tap it back on it is at 100% brightness. This has happened all day. I checked my screen setting at it is set at 100%. Does anyone know what is going on and how to remedy it? Thanks in advance.

Smp31
    Any chance you have the phone in bedside mode? I've seen similar behavior if I forget to exit bedside mode.
    06-20-09 06:53 PM
    ^ that also.
    06-20-09 06:59 PM
    Hello CB gang,

Smp31
    in bb options under screen and keyboard...make sure you have "automatically dim backlight" set to off
    06-20-09 07:11 PM
    Will having the auto dim setting off run the battery down?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 07:30 PM
    Will having the auto dim setting off run the battery down?

Once the screen shuts off entirely from being dormant or holstered, the auto-backlight has no function anyhow. Only time you will actually use the auto-backlight function is when you are actually using the screen. I turned OFF my autodim and my batt life got better.
    06-21-09 12:56 AM
    Here is the thing. It is not in bedside mode. It is not the dimmer setting. Even though the setting reads 100%, the actual brightness on the screen is closer to 10-20%. Has anyone else had this problem. Thanks

Sean
    06-21-09 02:23 AM
    Depending on what type of light you are in the phone will react accordingly. If you are outside, I believe it makes the screen dimmer to about 10%, in the dark 100%, and under fluorescent it will dim it as well. There is a sensor or something in the screen that causes this to happen. Mine is always going back and forth, so that might be your problem, and if that's what it is I don't believe you can change it.
    06-21-09 03:41 AM
    dimmer has its own setting, myn was reading 100% compared to my gf's it was like 10% I almost took it back to the shop. but then i switched off dimmer and it was back to normal. i also noticed that it sometimes flickers dark/bright sometimes, but i still use the dimmer because the phone almost blinds me at night in bed lol

FYI: light sensor is in the led window
    Last edited by DTL; 06-21-09 at 04:19 AM.
    06-21-09 04:16 AM
    LED WINDOW? Where is that located? How can I change that one?
    06-21-09 05:19 AM
    My screen will do the same thing but while I am using it in a set location.. while I'm not moving at all so the surrounding never changes..lol The screen will just randomly dim and then come back all while using the phone..
    06-21-09 05:30 AM
    Yeah that is weird. I don't know what the problem is. I am going to go into the Verizon store to find out some info. It is actually annoying me a great deal.
    06-21-09 01:28 PM
    Once the screen shuts off entirely from being dormant or holstered, the auto-backlight has no function anyhow. Only time you will actually use the auto-backlight function is when you are actually using the screen. I turned OFF my autodim and my batt life got better.
    Thanks! I didn't think it had any other function, but I still wanted to ask.

06-21-09 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD