My screen cracked i can see everything and it still flips but i cant click anything. i have had the phone since xmas and have verizon so what should i do???
    06-12-09 06:31 PM
    Insurance?
    06-12-09 06:32 PM
    what do you mean by insurance... i dont really know my dad bought the phone.
    06-12-09 06:40 PM
    Funny that this just happened to two of my friends' Storms. Both of them said they dropped it slightly to cause it. Sounds kind of scary. One of them claimed insurance and the other is just living with it cuz he's broke.

Hope my screen doens't randomly crack. How did yours happen?
    06-12-09 06:42 PM
    what do you mean by insurance... i dont really know my dad bought the phone.
    If you pay for insurance through Verizon/Assurion, they will replace your phone for a $50 deductible, no matter what happens to it. If you don't have insurance you're pretty screwed. Call 611 and ask them if you aren't sure or tell your dad to check your bill.
    06-12-09 06:44 PM
    i was moving a bureau and my friend dropped his end and the corner of it hit my pocket with my phone in it. I dont really want another storm. i want the new tour when it comes out. but now my storm broke so i need a cheap way to continue having a blackberry and stay on the plan until july 13th. WHAT SHOULD I DO?????????????????
    06-12-09 06:49 PM
    i dont particularly care if i have another storm until the tour if its the cheapest way
    06-12-09 06:50 PM
    so what should i do? does anyone have any experience with this
    06-12-09 07:10 PM
    if you have insurance, use it. if you don't, call 611 and ask if they would be willing to replace it for a $50 fee. they do that sometimes, depending on how long you have had the phone. good luck.
    06-12-09 07:35 PM
    I just replaced my cracked screen with one I bought from cnn.cn in case you want to go that route. I didn't have insurance, but the screen was $100 and it's good as new.

Sounds like you might not be interested in doing that, though?
    06-12-09 07:38 PM
    thankks alot taylor, do you think i could get a different type of blackberry for the 50 dollar fee? im kinda sick of the sketchy touch screen of my storm... i doesnt really work to well
    06-12-09 07:42 PM
    is there anything i can do to read a text i just got without leaving my house? like fix the screen for enough time to read it?
    06-12-09 08:51 PM
    thankks alot taylor, do you think i could get a different type of blackberry for the 50 dollar fee? im kinda sick of the sketchy touch screen of my storm... i doesnt really work to well
    It's doubtful you would be able to get a different phone than a Storm.... but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    06-12-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD