Hey everyone, thank you for the emails and input. I do want to say firstly "Sorry" this has taken much longer than expected. I have had several final products however none of them were up to our standard. When releasing a new product, the highest quality possible is of the utmost importance. Currently we are now working with 3M (the best choice in my opinion). They have devised a custom material for this project that is just phenomenal! Due to overwhelming requests we are also making a sure type Smartest Cover. Once again thank you everyone that has replied and requested this product.

+++++++++++++++++++++++NOW AVAILABLE visit Blackberry Storm screen cover from your PC+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Currently available as a landscape or SureType version

OK lets try again with some pictures for you! This is so hard to photograph as the only way to see the tactile markings is to have the phone at an angle.

As you can see when the phones screen is lit it is nearly impossible to see.

At an angle with phone off so you can sort of see the tactile markings.

The above photos and the likeness thereof are the intellectual property of the owner. Do not re post, copy, or distribute without the express written permission of the owner.

Hello all! My name is Rob and I am the product developer/owner of Creative Business Solutions. Currently we are in the process of wrapping up a finished product for Storm users, and at the risk of being flamed iphones as well.

Q: What is it?
    A: It is called the "SmartestCover"tm (Patent pending). It is an enhanced screen cover for your touch screen smart phone that will allow you to "feel" the keys.

Q: What does it look like?
    A: It looks like a normal screen protector for the most part. The part that allows you to "feel" the keys is no larger than a pin head sized clear mark over each key on the virtual key board. You can not really see the difference. Only feel.

Q: Will it effect the screen when I look at it?
    A: So far, no it will be no different than a normal screen cover.

Q: Will it effect double tap zooming, scrolling, or general navigation?
    A: NOT AT ALL! That is what makes it great. It will "feel" different at first but not enough that a person could not get used to it in a few minutes. The improved usability of the virtual key board is well worth the difference in feel.

Q: How much does it cost?
    A: $13.99 for a pack of three.

Q: Will it help my type faster and more accurately?
    A: Of course user results will vary. For myself and the others that have tested it thus far there has been nothing but positive feedback. For me it has made using my Storm that much greater. I am as fast as my phone can handle.

Thank you,
    Rob
    Last edited by profclean2000; 07-22-09 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Do we want a sure type version?
    03-12-09 09:47 PM
    Feel the keys? What?
    03-12-09 09:49 PM
    i am intrigued.
    03-12-09 09:50 PM
    Pictures?
    Or at least a bit more info!!
    03-12-09 09:53 PM
    i am intrigued.
    Ditto
    03-12-09 09:53 PM
    so if its either portrait or landscape, are their palpable clear bumps where the respective keys would be? sounds kinda funky..
    03-12-09 09:55 PM
    I could post pictures however it would not do it any justice, as it looks very much the same as a normal screen cover. It however feels different
    03-12-09 09:57 PM
    wouldn't the bumps affect navigating the screen when you are not typing?
    03-12-09 09:59 PM
    Interesting concept, but I wonder how much that will interfere with trying scroll, double tap zooming, etc...
    so if its either portrait or landscape, are their palpable clear bumps where the respective keys would be? sounds kinda funky..
    They are indeed "palpable". It is kind of funky, it however does not affect the view of your screen.
    Interesting concept, but I wonder how much that will interfere with trying scroll, double tap zooming, etc...
    It does not interfere with any of the existing features of the phone. That is what has taken so long to develop this. It does feel funny when you are scrolling at first however you will get used to it like anything else.
    03-12-09 10:02 PM
    It will not interfere with any of these.
    03-12-09 10:03 PM
    Yeah but... the buttons change location.
    03-12-09 10:04 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    EXACTLY!!!

I am still a skeptic at heart!
    03-12-09 10:05 PM
    That does sound interesting. Kind of like the raised keys of a traditional BB? Why didn't RIM think of this?
    03-12-09 10:07 PM
    I'd like to see a picture or two, even if it didn't do it justice. I'm a visual person.
    03-12-09 10:13 PM
    Yeah but... the buttons change location.
    I am not sure what you mean? The buttons stay in the same location if you use numbers or letters. They are on the same place on the screen. If you use landscape or portrait than the keys do change position. That is why it comes in one or the other. Most people we asked liked, and used mostly one way or the other. (portrait or landscape) People who use portrait typically always use portrait. This is the only thing that we could not overcome. But it is physically impossible.
    03-12-09 10:13 PM
    It does not interfere with any of the existing features of the phone. That is what has taken so long to develop this. It does feel funny when you are scrolling at first however you will get used to it like anything else.
    I think you need to make a you tube video, get some good closeups in use
    03-12-09 10:15 PM
    I'd like to see a picture or two, even if it didn't do it justice. I'm a visual person.
    When they are ready for purchase I will post pictures. I promise. Until then I do not want to post any pictures that may inspire someone to try and replicate our product.
    03-12-09 10:17 PM
    Cool idea....but the Storm, and ****, even the iPhone for that matter are awesome BECAUSE you can use the keyboard in the three different positions.

I personally use landscape more often, but both ways though. If im lying down and don't want my screen to switch to portrait, i tilt it toward the top of the screen a bit more just to be sure, and depending on how I am lying down, this dictated the side im using. Get it?

On top of that, there are people how use different configurations of the portrait keyboard...there is NO way you can accommodate for both the full qwerty and the combined.

Cool idea though really, but I think it really caters to a very specific demographic....
    03-12-09 10:25 PM
    I thought men were the more visual ones.... j/k
    03-12-09 10:26 PM
    for portrait which keyboard will it fit? suretype or qwerty
    03-12-09 10:31 PM
    Cool idea....but the Storm, and ****, even the iPhone for that matter are awesome BECAUSE you can use the keyboard in the three different positions.

I personally use landscape more often, but both ways though. If im lying down and don't want my screen to switch to portrait, i tilt it toward the top of the screen a bit more just to be sure, and depending on how I am lying down, this dictated the side im using. Get it?

On top of that, there are people how use different configurations of the portrait keyboard...there is NO way you can accommodate for both the full qwerty and the combined.

Cool idea though really, but I think it really caters to a very specific demographic....
    Thank you for your input. We are aware that it appeals to a specific group of people, these specific people much like myself do a lot messaging and typing. This will help them like myself greatly. I agree these phones are great, I dont think they are great for that reason alone. However it does help. Thank you again.
    03-12-09 10:35 PM
    for portrait which keyboard will it fit? suretype or qwerty
    It will support Qwerty.
    03-12-09 10:37 PM
    So, it will be there even if you don't have a keyboard up on the storm? Yeah, no thanks.
    03-12-09 10:54 PM
212 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD