So i have been using the cc mod to make my phone click better even though it wasnt as much of a problem as some people described. I figured if i got a new one it would be the same, but my bf got his phone today and his screen clicks MUCH better. I called 611 and told them what was going on and that i tried every possible way to make it better but nothing worked. The woman ordered me a new phone right away and told me it would be here friday since it was b4 3pm(free overnight shipping). She also said that the phones shipping from the warehouse were the newest models and that i shouldnt have the same problem but if i did to just call back and they would send me another...
    hope this helps,
    good luck
    11-26-08 03:06 PM
    The odds of your phone shipping today are... zero.
    11-26-08 03:17 PM
    Yeah got my new one ordered today as well but he told me I shouldn't expect it til Monday

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 03:34 PM
    Same problem here.
    I used a folded business card on top of my battery and it works like a champ, but I don't want to rig something that should work correctly in the first place.

I got to noticing mine would not click in the corner next to the green send button and on the edge next to the ear piece. Called customer service and they told me there was nothing wrong and that is how it was made She said there weren't any notes about the problems like mine, but said she would get me with tech support.

Spoke with Dawn in Tech Support and she said she had heard some cust. serv. reps talking about the same problems on a smoke break, but i was the first person she had with the problem. She said it would be covered under warranty and was told anything the send out now is supposed to have a ship date of 12/5 but that was subject to change.

I told her other people on Crackberry had this problem and they were getting replacements. She said "Ah, those people on Crackberry will never be satisfied with anything" She said just send mine old one back with the prepaid shipping box after doing a hard reset.

I didn't ask if the new phone would be a new model or updated in any way. She talked like there wasn't anything different in the ones being shipped next week???
    11-26-08 03:51 PM
    I would call 611 but to do that your phone not only needs to click, but the screen needs to record your touch imput. My storm no longer does either of these things.

sigh
    11-26-08 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD