Does anyone know if the newer produced Storms have better screen clicking? My friend's Storm was one of the first Canadian manufactured phones and the screen is terrible. Thinking of getting it replaced. Would it be worth it?
    Last edited by stevcha; 04-12-09 at 01:28 PM.
    03-05-09 02:45 PM
    Does anyone know if the newer produced Storms have better screen clicking? My wife's Storm was one of the first Canadian manufactured phones and the screen is terrible. We're thinking of getting it replaced. Would it be worth it?
    The click is the same, but replace it. Some storms have an amazing click and some have a mediocre or bad click. My first was good but there was dust and now it has a bad click. I am getting another and hoping for the best. This is the best way to go.
    03-05-09 02:49 PM
    Hey Stevcha -- i just got my Storm this past Saturday and I have not had any issues with my touch screen. HTH

My screen is very fluid and responsive the only issues i have is that its hard for me to one hand use it in portrait mode because of my fat thumbs... Ah well probably shouldnt be typing and driving at same time any who
    Last edited by Shaadow; 03-05-09 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
    03-05-09 02:50 PM
    There are the "fixes" for the clicking that have been suggesteed all throughout the forums.

Either a business card/felt pad/paper/whatever behind the battery or somewhere else in there seems to work.

Also, the torx screws can be adjusted as well to gain the desired effect.

Honestly though, if its really bad, as my wifes was, exchange it for a new one. Not saying the newer ones are better, but as with anything, try it and make sure its better. Then, if you need to tweak it, try one of the fixes.

I went to exchange my wifes at VZW and tested the new one out to be sure it felt better, and it sure did. It actually screwed me up and now mine feels like I either need to exchange it or do a fix....crap. Probably me just being anal about it, but oh well.
    03-05-09 02:56 PM
    It's possible to adjust the touch screen. There's a thread on here somewhere with instructions. Involves using a torx screwdriver and loosening two screws inside the back cover. The downside is one of the screws is covered with a sticker, so messing with it could possibly void your warranty if you don't remove and replace the sticker carefully. I tried it and it works. It also solves the problem of some screens not clicking properly at the edges or corners. Might try searching the forum for "touch screen adjustment".
    03-05-09 02:59 PM
    Here's a link to the thread mentioned above.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/scr...method-109036/
    03-05-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD