Well, recently Ive noticed that the storm has a clicking problem, doesnt click all the way. Ive done the card in between the battery and the back casing and it works. But I feel that I should get a new one because this has been happening since i bought it. Now, it does have a few scratches and bruses but nothing big and Im wondering if they would think i was trying to jip them for a new storm lol.

So what are your thoughts.
    02-15-09 03:53 PM
    Absolutely. It is considered a manufacturing defect. I have been through 4 storms and finally got a good one.
    02-15-09 03:55 PM
    Well, recently Ive noticed that the storm has a clicking problem, doesnt click all the way. Ive done the card in between the battery and the back casing and it works. But I feel that I should get a new one because this has been happening since i bought it. Now, it does have a few scratches and bruses but nothing big and Im wondering if they would think i was trying to jip them for a new storm lol.

So what are your thoughts.
    Take it back and they will replace it. I just took mine back today for that same issue.
    They swapped it out with no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 04:01 PM
    It really depends on how much damage there is to it. If it's really banged up, they may not take it back.
    02-15-09 04:07 PM
    If your within 30 days, you can replace it. I would do it over the phone though so that way they can send you a brand new one and you dont have to show them your phone and worry about what they think of it. If its really bad, they would let you know when you recieve it. But I got a storm replacement for the screen click and the replacement clicked the same. So I sent the replacement back. I went and did the (Felt Pad and T6 Screw fix to it) Baby clicks like a charm now. Read up on it, it does wonders for a lot of people.
    02-15-09 04:20 PM
    Thanks guys for the quick replys, Ive had the phone for 2 almost 3 months. Ill atempt to return it. PS im rocking firmware .99 should i downgrade?
    02-15-09 08:12 PM
    It has a one year warranty on it and the screen click issue would fall under this warranty.

As far as scratches go, I can say that I dropped my phone while talking on it to some concrete steps. That took a big chuck out of the metal around the edge of the Storm. I had it replaced no questions asked. I of course opted to have a replacement shipped to me rather than going to the store. I was afraid the store would give me troubles. I spoke with a VZW rep on the phone and complained about the service of my local store (true statements) and they offered to ship me a replacement. That was about a month and a half ago and I haven't had any problems with the exchange.
    02-15-09 09:15 PM
    I'm on my 5th phone (should be here on Tuesday) because of that issue. Just reload .75 on it and send it back, call CS and tell them that you're having clicking problems and they'll usually send you a replacement right away with 2-day or next day fedex delivery.
    02-15-09 09:25 PM
    Glad to say I'm still on storm #1. Though I only had it for a month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 05:52 AM
    Hmm, my storm was pretty much pristine until a few days ago. Now the plastic/metal surround is all scratched up. Might make a complaint about screen clicking as well.

Oh my phone actually has this problem, but it never really bothered me. A friend who also has a storm, was surprised with the clicking on my phone.
    02-16-09 06:02 AM
    So the screen does click? I just read on a diff thread that it was only for the commercial and that the screen doesn't click? So I have a 'dud' I guess.
    02-16-09 07:07 AM
    I can go into settings and make the screen beep but no click.
    02-16-09 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD