Hi,

When I am making a call on my Storm, the screen blanks after a few seconds of receiving no input.

In order to bring the screen "back to life", I press the screen or hit a key. Unfortunately, this clears the screen and brings up the Speaker/Mute/Etc. options, even if I had the keypad up before the screen blanked.

This can get pretty annoying when I am checking my voicemail ... especially if there are several long messages left. Every time I bring the screen back, I need to press a second key to bring up the keypad so I can interact with the VM system.

Does anyone know if it's possible to break out of a screen blanking and go directly back to the screen that was in place before it blanked (e.g., the keypad)? This doesn't seem like a terribly unusual request, but my guess is that this is yet another "bug" with RIMs firmware on the Storm... Further complicating my life is the lag in getting the keypad to reappear. If I weren't such a patient guy, this phone would have been tossed across the room several times by now.

Thanks for the help!
    12-15-08 02:34 PM
    I've had this happen once, all the screen buttons just went away. There wasn't a end call, mute, or anything. I'm running .76 what version are you on?
    12-15-08 02:42 PM
    I'm running .75.

But to clarify, I'm talking about the "normal" screensaver blanking ... just the black screen that was intended to save battery life.

I know exactly what problem you're talking about ... I've also had that one. But that's a software glitch that no one can explain. While I'm not necessarily happy with it, I'm trying to see how I can live with the "normal" behavior of the phone before I try to tackle these oddball problems.

Gotta love being a guinea pig for new technology...

Thanks!
    12-15-08 03:01 PM
    Oh ok, guess I haven't seen that one yet.
    12-15-08 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD