Not brainwashed....but objective enough to see that the Storm is not a good device.
    Wouldn't "OBJECTIVITY" require something a little more than a four day run with a more than likely improperly working device that could have been replaced *at least* once with what could have been a properly working device, like my replacement was? I would hardly consider a 96-hour run with a piece of brand new technology "objective".....seriously.
    12-15-08 10:56 PM
    Not brainwashed....but objective enough to see that the Storm is not a good device. If you somehow feel like you need to resort to personal attacks to make you feel better about your Storm...then you really do have issues. Have fun with your seriously flawed device.

Please take your e-thuggery elsewhere...its not really impressing anyone
    12-15-08 10:56 PM
    Your beloved Storm sucks....not my fault. Whatever gets you through the night.
    TROLL ALERT
    12-15-08 10:58 PM
    8.5/10

My replacement comes tomorrow, so we'll see if my score goes up.
    12-15-08 10:58 PM
    LOL to that
    BTW, I give my storm an 8/10... one or two more tweaks to the os and it will be a 10...
    Of course you would. The rest of the objective world does not agree with you however.
    12-15-08 10:59 PM
    I think I'll give it an 8. With a better browser I might go to am 8.5. A 9 would come with some media player upgrades. Fix the horribly slow camera and I'll go 9.5! What will it take to get a 10? Having the ability to lock the orientaion of the display. That would complete it!
    12-15-08 10:59 PM
    Not brainwashed....but objective enough to see that the Storm is not a good device. If you somehow feel like you need to resort to personal attacks to make you feel better about your Storm...then you really do have issues. Have fun with your seriously flawed device.
    I have to give you one thing though, if you would have asked me about the storm after 2-3 days, I might have agreed with you to a point, but after spending time with this device, most of the issues worked out one way or another. Most errors where user errors, lack of practice and knowledge of the device. Now, after 3 1/2 weeks, I punch out my usual 15-17000 msg a month with no problem...
    Personal attack? you r the one calling everyone on here who doesnt share your opinion brainwashed...
    Last edited by camoko; 12-15-08 at 11:10 PM.
    12-15-08 11:04 PM
    Of course you would. The rest of the objective world does not agree with you however.
    As I previously mentioned, Four Days is **NOT** the least bit objective. Not even a little bit. Not even a tiny little bit.
    12-15-08 11:13 PM
    As I previously mentioned, Four Days is **NOT** the least bit objective. Not even a little bit. Not even a tiny little bit.
    You are correct, sir
    12-15-08 11:17 PM
    I have to give you one thing though, if you would have asked me about the storm after 2-3 days, I might have agreed with you to a point, but after spending time with this device, most of the issues worked out one way or another. Most errors where user errors, lack of practice and knowledge of the device. Now, after 3 1/2 weeks, I punch out my usual 15-17000 msg a month with no problem...
    Personal attack? you r the one calling everyone on here who doesnt share your opinion brainwashed...
    you expect me to believe you send out 17,000 messages a month on the storm? or any device? that is impossible.
    12-15-08 11:17 PM
    The storm is an absolute disaster. Returned it in 4 days. Touchscreen is horrible..if you want that then get an iphone. People who are drooling all over this and are losing sleep because they dont have one need to get a life. Worst RIMM product ever.
    Had your Storm for 4 days, yet this was your 1st post in the Storm forum. I read that you really like your Curve. Great. But for a lot of us, your remarks are not what we are seeing in the Storm after using it for weeks. Please .... just stick to your Curve and we will stick to our Storms.
    12-15-08 11:22 PM
    you expect me to believe you send out 17,000 messages a month on the storm? or any device? that is impossible.

Cell Usage

My Usage: 12427 Text Estimate as of 12/15/08 6:10 PM This estimate may not include usage outside your Local Calling Area, and may not take into account any promotional or bonus allowance you may have.

You are close to exceeding your allowance. Upgrade
    You have exceeded your messaging allowance. Upgrade

Monthly Allowance: Unlimited Text

Cycle ends: 01/15/09 View My Usage

Okay, I admit it, I'm a little slow this month...
    12-15-08 11:25 PM
    Sterotype??? I dont think so. Its a huge pile of crap. Only you brainwashed people on here think its the greatest device ever created. I love my Curve...but lets be honest the Storm is a disaster.
    Dude I gotta go with what I have here in front of me...something tangible (not subjective) that I can touch and feel and make do things and the Storm is totally a winner for me. Many great things about it, only a few very minor issues.

Just learn to preface your catastrophizing statements with " I think" or "IMHO" because the all or nothing thinking does not carry much weight.
    12-15-08 11:25 PM
    Had your Storm for 4 days, yet this was your 1st post in the Storm forum. I read that you really like your Curve. Great. But for a lot of us, your remarks are not what we are seeing in the Storm after using it for weeks. Please .... just stick to your Curve and we will stick to our Storms.
    good point. yeah he really gave it some time to form a more informed opinion. 4 days and he can categorically say the Storm is an absolute disaster.
    12-15-08 11:28 PM

I actually love the phone - waiting on the camera to be a little quicker and for some more aps to be released
    12-15-08 11:33 PM
    I love my storm and would say an 8 right now. Once some more software updates come out this baby will be even better. Couldn't imagine life without it!!! I'm definitely blackberry for life!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 11:34 PM
    Cell Usage

My Usage: 12427 Text Estimate as of 12/15/08 6:10 PM This estimate may not include usage outside your Local Calling Area, and may not take into account any promotional or bonus allowance you may have.

You are close to exceeding your allowance. Upgrade
    You have exceeded your messaging allowance. Upgrade

Monthly Allowance: Unlimited Text

Cycle ends: 01/15/09 View My Usage

Okay, I admit it, I'm a little slow this month...
    that is like one every other minute for almost every waking minute. you are up like what 25,000 minutes a month?
    12-15-08 11:43 PM
    that is like one every other minute for almost every waking minute. you are up like what 25,000 minutes a month?
    I'm up more like 30,000 minutes a month or more... My days are 16-17 hours on a regular basis... on "good" days, i put out maybe one msg every 3 - 4 minutes... granted, a lot of them are just one letter acknowledgements (k), but still... and when I'm home, what can I tell you, my son loves my Storm... He helps a lot with the count... Speaking of durability test for our screens...
    12-16-08 08:07 AM
    i would have to say an 8
    12-16-08 08:12 AM
    I don't put off 15k emails but I do quite a few. I wanted to know if the rest of you type your emails with the landscape qwerty keyboard on the storm or the 2-button pearl-portrait style? What has been more effective for you?
    12-16-08 09:00 AM
    I'd give it an 8. Another update and it should be almost there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 09:05 AM
    The Storm has become a love hate relationship for me. I love the interface and the "keyboard." I hate that a ton of applications are not ready for it, but that will take patience. I have reboot problems, but I am working toward getting that fixed. It is great for e-mail, sms and ok for browsing the web. If you are leaning toward it and do not mind "messing" with it a bit, go for it.
    12-16-08 09:23 AM
    i'll give it an 8.....room to improve i think still with another software update. and backing out those screws def. fixed my screen.
    12-16-08 09:31 AM
    I would have to say 5 for the first 3 days after picking it up on the 21st. Since then it has been moving up and I now feel like an 8.5. I had the screen issue on the lower left corner which was fixed with the T6 adjustment. No other real issues to report except the more I use it, the more I love it!

Don't be scared, just do it!
    12-16-08 01:08 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD