Not sure why but why does it say activation required at the top of my home screen???? And my phone number does not come up correct it has some other weird number where it is supposed to show my phone number.
    11-28-08 07:12 PM
    Try a battery pull?
    11-28-08 07:32 PM
    Try Dialing *22890 send
    11-28-08 08:02 PM
    Try *228 and select an option. Listen to the three choices.
    11-28-08 08:04 PM
    Nope, doen not work..... Also when I go to call someone it shows a weird number 000 000 4961 as being my number and it is not?
    11-28-08 09:27 PM
    Anyone know how to fix this?
    11-29-08 08:50 AM
    Sounds like they may have activated/provisioned you on a BES plan instead of a "consumer" plan. Call verizon and have them double check. You already tried *228 option 1 to program right? Verizon can also send new "service books" once they correct the problem on thier end.
    11-29-08 09:05 AM
    Try one other thing...go to options>>>advanced options>>>host routing table>>>it will look like some gibberish>>>press BB (menu) key and click register now.
    11-29-08 09:07 AM
    Did both, I think it just some software glitch... Update should fix... Also having problems exploring my media card through my pc without Desktop manager.
    11-29-08 09:24 AM
    Dial # # 000000 and press send. A menu will pop up. Enter your phone number and select save. The device will then reboot and you should be ok.
    12-30-08 10:22 PM
    Hi, I have an unlocked Storm and using it with another carrier rather than Verizon, I also have this "activation requiered" message that I would like to get rid of, I tried the 2 posted suggestions, but that didnt worked, does anyone have any hint to do so? Anyone succeed doing it? thank you very much!! Please share
    Last edited by PW CCS; 12-31-08 at 01:29 PM.
    12-31-08 01:27 PM
    Dial # # 000000 and press send. A menu will pop up. Enter your phone number and select save. The device will then reboot and you should be ok.
    Hi there Chubbawokee, I finally tried your suggestion and yes, it works fine! but I have a question I dont know if you could help me with. I'm using an unlocked verizon blackberry, and I dont like in the US, so far everything working perfectly except for that detail of "activation required" and the number displayed on my screen when I make calls.

Now, as I dial ##000000 I get the menu you mentioned, and it repeats the number in several places: "mobile directory number", "ISSI_S", SIP USER IDE is set to that same [email protected], tgere are moblie country code, mobile network code, etc... so Im a bit worried about editing since I dont want to mess it up as I'm not an advanced user. Could you please give me a hand by telling me what to modify and what to dont even look at?

Thank you a lot!!
    12-31-08 06:00 PM
    Try Dialing *22890 send
    *228 is only for Verizon customers he is using Rogers I believe, also you should NEVER do the *22899, it will in the log run Mess up your phone, *22899 is for PC cards and USB Modems ONLY
    12-31-08 06:10 PM
    Hi there Chubbawokee, I finally tried your suggestion and yes, it works fine! but I have a question I dont know if you could help me with. I'm using an unlocked verizon blackberry, and I dont like in the US, so far everything working perfectly except for that detail of "activation required" and the number displayed on my screen when I make calls.

Now, as I dial ##000000 I get the menu you mentioned, and it repeats the number in several places: "mobile directory number", "ISSI_S", SIP USER IDE is set to that same [email protected], tgere are moblie country code, mobile network code, etc... so Im a bit worried about editing since I dont want to mess it up as I'm not an advanced user. Could you please give me a hand by telling me what to modify and what to dont even look at?

Thank you a lot!!
    do you have verizon as a carrier? If so your IMSI_S might be a different 10 dig number then your current phone number, and they only way you will know that is to call Verizon, or if you want to im me your number I can look for you, I am still at work for another hour
    12-31-08 06:19 PM
    do you have verizon as a carrier? If so your IMSI_S might be a different 10 dig number then your current phone number, and they only way you will know that is to call Verizon, or if you want to im me your number I can look for you, I am still at work for another hour

Dear Boisechic, thank you a lot for our reply, but no, I'm afraid I dont use Verizon as I'm in Venezuela and I use a local carrier. Thats why I'm not sure that to edit in the screen Chubba suggested as I dont want to make a major mess in my cellphone, just to get rid off the "activation requiered" message from the home screen. If you have any hint, it's always welcome.

Again thank you for reply, and happy new year!
    01-01-09 01:05 AM
    I have a blackberry 9530 model mobile
    with the help of this mobile phone from the internet into the normal wirless
    08-05-09 01:58 PM
    hey, anyone know why when i tried to type in mepd and then mep2 to unlock my phone with the unlock code, i didnt get a box telling me to type in the 10 digit unlock code? i tried a lot of times and it didnt pop up. oh and my network said inactive instead of active. does anyone know why? please help
    01-26-10 10:17 PM
    hey, anyone know why when i tried to type in mepd and then mep2 to unlock my phone with the unlock code, i didnt get a box telling me to type in the 10 digit unlock code? i tried a lot of times and it didnt pop up. oh and my network said inactive instead of active. does anyone know why? please help
    It sounds like your phone is already unlocked. Didn't you already post this in another thread?
    01-26-10 10:37 PM
    hi, i'm having the same problem as YOUR DADDY. it says activation required at the top of my screen, but when i type ##000000 on my phone, it says "invalid password". i'm from canada. i bought a Bell phone, but it's unlocked and i'm using it with Fido. any other suggestions?
    02-03-10 11:28 PM
    It worked perfectly for me, thanks
    03-08-10 01:40 AM
    hello, i have a sprint phone and it says activation required. i tried doing what you said and it says invalid password.

please help me.
    05-26-10 08:17 PM
    same thing for me i have a bold 9650 and says invalid password need help
    07-27-10 08:51 PM
    In the US, I've found that the ##000000 only works on Verizon branded phones. For Sprint phones, you need to somehow get the MSL#. Sorry, I can't help you there, I don't know how. Sprint won't help you either. Good luck.
    07-27-10 09:56 PM
    this should work although you will have to find out what the starting address and the length for your device and carrier are.

To unlock your phone for free go to berrymods.com register and read on the site how to get your phone unlocked free. This is how i unlocked mine free of charge.

Follow the instructions below to get rid of "activation required" on a telus 9530 (although i did skip step 7 i wasn't sure what it was and it kept failing and it i still got my msl code, so im assuming its not required). RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting Here are the programs you need or you can also just google and download some as i did. I used windows 7 with unicdma 3.1.4 and hexworkshop 6

Before you do any of this you MUST downgrade your storm to os 4.7.0.76 or it will not work.

Originally Posted by rolandj
    ok here goes.

Obtain these two programs:

1. uniCDMA
    2. Hexworkshop

1. Install your blackberry desktop manager. (Im using version 4.7 and it hasnt given me any problems.) Plug In blackberry.

2. Run desktop manager

3. Minimize DM and run uniCDMA

4. Select "Qualcomm" under the mode drop menu

5. Click setup and change the port to com4

6. Click Read all and it should fill in the boxes on the left with your blackberry information

7. Click HF ->DM

8. Click memory and change the starting address to 0x17c47cce and length to 524288. Click read and save to file. (or try starting address 0x17c455be and 524288 this is the one that worked for me)

9. Now open Hexworkshop and open the file you just created.

10. In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password.

11. Unplug your blackberry and call ##XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the MSL password) Press Send

12. Change the Mobile Directory Number to you 10 digit cell number.

13. Press Menu then close and it will reset your phone and you are good to go.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any problems and ill try to help. Im not totally sure if your MSL code will be in the same area as mine so if not let me know and i can find some number adjustments for you.
    07-28-10 08:20 PM
    The code you need for bell phones is ##111111 it worked on my bell 9650 just put your phone number on the top line and save and reset my phone is now showing Orange instead of activation required
    08-29-10 05:57 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD