Sosai X has had some good reviews so I just wanted to add this as I thought some in this thread would like to know,

I live in Chandler Arizona and frequent malls containing both IS and GA. When I got my new Storm and wanted to protect it I really looked at the two companies though I had some experience with IS online. I went to Ghost Armor first where I was "called out" by some kids just pulling people in. I was a little turned off but continued asking questions and looking at one of the iphones the young man had. It was clear and clean looking and I was told that IS looks like "crap" compared to it. I was thinking about it when the young man grabbed my phone and told me he was just gonna do it. I felt a little discomforted by his rush but whatever. I also wanted to look at IS.

Upon arriving at the location in Chandler Fashion Center I was pleasantly surprised to find a large kiosk that looked professional and dealing with the employees was refreshing after being somewhat "haggled". I asked the man working about the differences between the two and he told me that whether it is GA or IS you will love how it protects your device. He also gave me some good knowledge about the different companies doing this.

He said "when someone comes up with a good concept there are bound to be imitators" and also "with competition comes improved customer service" which I thought was cool to say. He also told me that the group doing Ghost Armor was from Salt Lake the same place as IS corporate (big surprise there) and that Phantom Skinz and GA are almost exactly the same and were rumored to be a partnership at one time but the PS owner screwed the guys at GA by stealing their design templates. Anyways for whatever that's worth I found it interesting.

Back to the product. At Chandler the guy already had a storm that was shielded. When he handed it to me I expected it would look unlike GA after all they said. I was quite surprised when he handed me his storm and I could barely tell there was anything on it. I could notice a slight texture but the gentleman likened it to corregated tubing in the fact that these microscopic indents don't allow something to cleanly scrape or scratch the flat surface, therefore making it much stronger then the perfectly clear brands. It made sense to me and I am much more about good protection and a long term result so I went with it and had it installed on my storm. The guy was very precise not to let moisture in places it doesn't belong (he spoke of not letting moisture down into the screen) and almost used no solution at all. I felt very comfortable with him working on my new beauty. When it was done it looked better than before, no bubbles, good alignment and it got more clear in the following days. I have had it SHIELDED now for almost 2 weeks and it is great. I noticed no difference in my touch sensitivity. It is in my pocket all day, been dropped twice and surived my 2 year old nephew and it still looks like the day I got it (I'll comment again in a month or two). Can't wait to take it by GA and show them how the orange peel they spoke so clearly of is non existent in the new film. Love my InvisibleSHIELD.

PS. I highly recommend the professional install.
    PPS. I have a friend that had GA on a 1st Gen iPhone that residued his screen VERY bad when he removed it. Just good to know. Maybe use the solution when removing?
    kbz,

Good information! Just one item that you mentioned that was inaccurate. PS never stole any design templates from anyone. There is some history between GA/GS and PS, but being partners or stealing from one another just did not happen. The owners know each other and run their respective companies entirely differently. In fact, we draw all of our own patterns and for those that have compared GS/GA and PS, and IS for that matter, our patterns are entirely different. Why people try and persuade potential customers with negative comments about their competitor's is beyond me. I guess some are concerned about letting a Company's Product and Customer Service speak for themselves.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.

guru
    12-02-08 08:55 AM
    kbz,

Good information! Just one item that you mentioned that was inaccurate. PS never stole any design templates from anyone. There is some history between GA/GS and PS, but being partners or stealing from one another just did not happen. The owners know each other and run their respective companies entirely differently. In fact, we draw all of our own patterns and for those that have compared GS/GA and PS, and IS for that matter, our patterns are entirely different. Why people try and persuade potential customers with negative comments about their competitor's is beyond me. I guess some are concerned about letting a Company's Product and Customer Service speak for themselves.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.

guru
    Guru,

Great that is good to know! I do not feel he was trying to persuade me since I was the one asking all the questions though. Like why is it that so many of these companies are based in AZ? And I personally know that these little companies have started popping up all over. I have used the originators for 3+ years with no problems so it's a clear choice for me. Also you are being just as bad talking about having to persuade people or saying things when obviously you are on this site constantly promoting your product (just wanted to state the obvious). Anyways I'm sure the guy didn't know the whole story just that there was some history there. So for that thank you and when I go to see them again to have another item of mine done I will pass along your message.
    12-03-08 11:54 AM
    what the **** is with all these companies only being in arizona? is that where the material is made?

Are there any local retailers of these products in northern NJ? at any of our 25 major malls? i dont really wanna wait to get my phone protected.
    ghost armor is opening up this weekend at the garden state plaza
    10-13-09 09:25 AM
    Ghost Armor just opened has a location in the Garden State Plaza mall!
    01-09-10 06:57 AM
    I bought a Ghost Armor full body kit. After about 2 months, all the edges were peeling and collecting lint. I pulled it ALL OFF with exception of the Screen Film. Then proceeded to purchase an incipio feather case and the combination of the two protect my phone incredibly.
    01-09-10 09:05 AM
    Not sure if this is nationwide or not but Best Buy in Columbus OH sells Invisible Shield and offers install on them. I had IS on my first Storm and was happy with it. Haven't put anything on my current Storm since I've returned to a storm.
    01-09-10 10:42 AM
    Ditto....
    I'm to afraid to apply my own
    Nothing to be afraid of. I applied InvisibleShield to my Storm. It's easy. Everything lines up real good and it is easy to adjust and move around while you are applying it. It takes maybe 30 minutes.
    01-09-10 12:09 PM
    Worth mentioning - I've had my PhantomSkinz on my Storm since 11/08 and haven't had a single problem with it. It looks FAR better than my friends' phones that were done with IS and GA, respectively. My wife found a PS kiosk at the San Tan Mall in Chandler and had it installed on her phone there as well.
    01-10-10 03:48 AM
    Another option is ProTech ( Protech Invisible Protection Home Page ). I have their skins on my ipod classic...been there for over a year and looks perfect. Also used their stuff on my LG Chocolate 2. Worked great.

I think there is a place in the market for more installation kiosks.... I don't understand why there are not more of them!

I did try IS on my first storm... did not like it and removed all but that on battery cover. Makes the back a bit tacky so it doesn't slide on uneven slick surfaces.
    01-11-10 09:02 AM
    I had ghost armor put on my new phone at AZ Mills mall. DON'T do it!! It is all kinds of crusty yellow. It was even worse once I removed the hard case. I just wanted the screen protected, and they did they said they could only do the whole thing. It turned my freakin nails yellow!! So I am out 45.00 bucks, they better take it off.
    02-18-10 11:33 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD