Hi, I've got a 9530 running .328 . When I was running 4.7 I was able to save my SMS msgs into drafts and then send them accordingly. Since I've upgraded to the official 5.0 I haven't been able to do that. Am I missing something? Also, would there be an app to send more then 160 char.? Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 10:39 AM
    I installed an app called "beyond 160" on my 8130 pearl and it has worked great as far as I know? I believe it was available for your phone. If anyone thinks this is a bad app please let me know. Goodluck to you.

01-07-10 11:02 AM
    Yea I just looked it up. Says its not currently compatible with OS 5.0...lame!

01-07-10 11:12 AM
    Since 160 Characters is a limitation of the SMS system I was wondering how Beyond 160 does it. The recepiant will not be receiving 1 large txt message.

Make your message as long as you want and Beyond160 will automatically send it in multiple parts with the appropriate markers... (1/3), (2/3), (3/3).
    01-07-10 11:18 AM
    if you have 5.0 you have threaded SMS, simply hit enter at any time (160 or less) and then just type the next message, they will all send to the recipient.
    01-07-10 12:23 PM
    u can also use mms instead of sms from what i have found no limit on characters
    01-08-10 08:36 AM
    From what I can tell you can't just save a draft for later use, but if you type out a message and exit out without sending, it will save it as a draft in that persons thread. The only down side is that you can't send anything else to that person unless you erase it first.

I hope that makes sense.
    01-08-10 09:15 AM
    Хотите Бронировать teatr-bilety ru]театр ленсовета стоимость билетов? Цены на билеты в театры Продажа билетов в театр по себестоимости Заакз с доставкой все вопросы на teatr-bilety ru
    01-20-10 04:00 AM
    From what I can tell you can't just save a draft for later use, but if you type out a message and exit out without sending, it will save it as a draft in that persons thread. The only down side is that you can't send anything else to that person unless you erase it first.

I hope that makes sense.
    yeah true... Also there is one more thing I observed after goin to version 5. That once u save a msg as draft den u cant add more recipients in tat sms.. if u do den it'll open a new blank thread wid added names..

any solution for that???
    03-25-10 10:33 AM
    u can also use mms instead of sms from what i have found no limit on characters
    MMS has a character limit of 1000 characters. While I doubt anyone will come close to this in a normal message, there is definitely a limit. As for 160 characters go, there's no way around it on 5.0. You will just have to send it in pieces.
    03-25-10 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD