I have my sms folder set to "save messages.....forever" yet if I go all the way down, it only saves picture messages from a long time ago.....all of my texts randomly dissapear? I think it shows maybe 50 and they are only from the past few days. How can I fix this?
    06-25-09 10:37 AM
    Well the blackberry starts to remove messages if your running low on memory in order to conserve the memory available. I believe it deletes SMS then MMS then Emails......

How much space you have left?
    06-25-09 10:52 AM
    Well the blackberry starts to remove messages if your running low on memory in order to conserve the memory available. I believe it deletes SMS then MMS then Emails......

How much space you have left?
    Well I went to options>memory
    and it says
    App Memory
    Free space: 19.4 MB
    Device Memory
    Free space: 874.8 MB
    Media Card
    Free space: 7.3 gigs

Is any of that too low?
    06-25-09 12:07 PM
    well you see, it'd make too much sense to utilize that 1 gig of internal flash memory, so they limit you to 128 megs, which gets smaller with every application you install, and with the passing of time, shrinking throughout the day as you *gasp* use your phone like a normal person. RIM wants you to realize that life is fleeting, and so are your text messages.
    06-25-09 12:10 PM
    well you see, it'd make too much sense to utilize that 1 gig of internal flash memory, so they limit you to 128 megs, which gets smaller with every application you install, and with the passing of time, shrinking throughout the day as you *gasp* use your phone like a normal person. RIM wants you to realize that life is fleeting, and so are your text messages.
    wow...id at least like to see my messages from more than a week ago. I mean sure...my old phone only held 43 messages until I had to delete them to receive more...but how much space can text REALLY take up? Sounds like they need to have a better compression system if they are going to only allow 128 measly mb..
    06-25-09 12:16 PM
    Did you check the "saved messages" folder?
    I believe that's where they go, once they leave the SMS folder.
    06-25-09 12:43 PM
    wow...id at least like to see my messages from more than a week ago. I mean sure...my old phone only held 43 messages until I had to delete them to receive more...but how much space can text REALLY take up? Sounds like they need to have a better compression system if they are going to only allow 128 measly mb..
    One byte per character, if I'm not mistaken.
    06-25-09 12:47 PM
    i have my sms linked to my memory card, and the phone would still delete them when i got low on memory.. i just do a bat pull a day at 5 in the morning and i stay anywhere from 45 to 38 free
    06-25-09 01:26 PM
    no man, blackberries are for BUSINESS

buttttt theyll delete your texts and emails even when you say to keep them
    06-25-09 01:29 PM
    no man, blackberries are for BUSINESS

buttttt theyll delete your texts and emails even when you say to keep them
    how are saving emails not business?

anyways, how do you set the sms to be saved to your sd card?
    and do you mean your app memory doesnt go below 40 ish?
    06-25-09 02:12 PM
    how are saving emails not business?

anyways, how do you set the sms to be saved to your sd card?
    and do you mean your app memory doesnt go below 40 ish?
    you're not so good at sarcasm are you?

you cant set them to save to your sd card
    06-25-09 11:39 PM
    I have my sms folder set to "save messages.....forever" yet if I go all the way down, it only saves picture messages from a long time ago.....all of my texts randomly dissapear? I think it shows maybe 50 and they are only from the past few days. How can I fix this?
    Have you tried accessing the messages by going to messages>menu>view folder>sms inbox?
    06-26-09 07:11 AM
    Have you tried accessing the messages by going to messages>menu>view folder>sms inbox?
    Yeah, I just went through those steps and its the same.

So when you talk about memory, its not the memory left to download apps is it? or is it?
    06-26-09 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD