I just moved from a sammy i760 and I am so far in love with this phone. I know I have much to learn but I am extremely hopeful. I was just wondering if there were any other former i760 owners here? BTW my experinece in store was great, walked in and picked up my phone took only 15 minutes. But there was a line of maybe 60 people at 6am, sometimes it pays to know people.
    11-21-08 12:47 PM
    I'm in the same boat, but won't be getting mine today most likely. This will be my first BB, let's see how it goes. I know already I'm going to miss the customization of WM but I definitely won't be missing WM!
    11-21-08 01:04 PM
    I am glad to hear that you love your phone. I was a little worried because I think the sammy i760 is the best. I will be getting my storm in the mail next week. I will be losing my slingplayer and tomtom gps. Hopefully slingbox releases soon and the gps nav is decent to use. Heard Garmins had one for the blackberry.
    11-21-08 01:06 PM
    I am leaving the i760 as well, cannot wait to get my Storm on monday!
    11-21-08 01:11 PM
    I still have my i760 because I can't find a good "full featured" bible program for Blackberry devices. Until then, I will lug the i760 along side the storm.

Note: I've been using Windows Mobile / Pocket PC's for 8 years. Can't beat them for choice of 3rd party applictions to install, but I don't need all those options these days. Blackberry just works better for me as a simply messaging / PIM device, and now as my multi-media hub with the storm.
    11-21-08 01:38 PM
    leaving my i760 as soon as I get my Storm
    11-21-08 01:42 PM
    Didn't come STRAIGHT from the sammy, but just got rid of it recently. Sold it on eBay for $75 MORE than I originally paid for it... woohoo!! I LOVE eBay!
    Then I bought and older BB on eBay for cheap and now I have the STORM!!
    l8r

Hey... you should have put a poll up... would have been easier to keep track of. I bet there are a lot since (for a while at least)... the i760 was THE device on VZW
    11-21-08 01:47 PM
    same here. I liked the i760, but it's massive, I had to do resets fairly frequently, and I'm not overly fond of WM 6.1.
    11-21-08 01:48 PM
    Windows mobile is what did it to me, done with it!
    11-21-08 03:11 PM
    i left the i760 for the storm as well.

wish i could say i had that good of an instore experience. my verizon SUCKS. no joke took them 2 hours to get me my phone...2 hours...what the ****. i was pretty pissed that they wanted to move my contacts from my old phone to the new one for me. so i was like hey ok why not. and rather than speak to me they made me sit there for an hour just to come out and say oh we cant get your samsung to connect....took them an hour to tell me..crap if they would have even looked at me while i was standing there i would have said he can i just have my crap so i can leave? or heres something interesting...after 15minutes they could have said he we are having problems getting it to connect we can keep trying if you dont mind waiting. i got home did it on my computer and the longest part of doing it was installing the blackberry software. verizon bastards.
    11-21-08 05:54 PM
    My i760 bluetooth paired perfectly with my BMW 335i and so far the Storm won't pair.

Gary
    11-21-08 06:05 PM
    also coming from even older samsung i730!!!!! storm is coming monday before 3, fedex confirms
    11-21-08 06:05 PM
    I switched from the i760 as well...loved the phone and the customization, but thought I would try this one out for a while.

Pretty happy with it so far, but alot of bugs including the accelerometer doesn't always work and I am still trying to get used to the typing.

I will definitely miss pdaphonehome and its members, but most of all I will miss my slingbox!!!! They need to step it up and get the player for blackberry so we can watch it on this awesome screen!
    11-21-08 06:15 PM
    I switched from an i730 to the BB 8830 last year and then just ordered my Storm today. I loved my i730, but the WM OS was a pain IMO.
    11-21-08 06:21 PM
    ^^ Same here! I'll miss viewing my slingbox on my i760.

I won't miss the tinny sound, the WM UI, the bluetooth switching...

Is anyone here a part of the slingplayer for BB beta program, or know when it's going to be released?
    11-21-08 06:22 PM
    I just left my i760 this morning and it feels like a great weight has been lifted. I can finally do things EFFICIENTLY! It's no longer a chore to use my phone. This is my first BB and so far I am smitten.
    11-21-08 06:24 PM
    I'm moving over from a i760 as well. I miss my slingbox, but they will soon have a bb version.
    11-25-08 07:34 AM
    I also had the Samsung i760. As a straight PDA, I did like it. Not great mind you but it did what I needed it too. It was a fun phone but it was bulky and a little too weighty. Well built but weighty.

I got my Storm last Saturday and can only say I am thrilled. It is a full screen, fits nice in hand, does more than I need it to do, etc. Buttons are a little flimsy but other than that...no complaints.

My launch day experience sucked. I was in line #16 and they ran out at #15 even though they said they had PLENTY in stock and enough to cover all the patrons in the store. So what the heck is up with that. I walk off *issed from the local store. At least they overnighted me the Storm for Saturday delivery but seriously VZW -- What kind of business is that? I would have preferred to be turned away instead of being told that in 45 minutes everyone in the store would have their own Storm. Yeah...I waited the 45 minutes in line and was still put out to pasture. That was not pleasant.

That said, love the phone!!
    11-25-08 07:57 AM
    Well i jumped ship to. After having the Motorola Q and then goin to the I760 I had enough with windows mobile. This is my first BB and I love it!!!
    11-25-08 08:06 AM
    Ditching the i760 tonight, the Storm comes today!!
    11-25-08 08:08 AM
    Glad to see a thread for us i760 deserters! Yes, I left my i760 yesterday morning for a Storm and haven't looked back. Like others, I'll miss SlingPlayer Mobile until the long-awaited BB beta version comes out, but the lack of reboots is compensation enough. Are there any other apps people are missing?
    11-25-08 08:11 AM
    My i760 bluetooth paired perfectly with my BMW 335i and so far the Storm won't pair.

Gary
    Odd. I had no trouble pairing my Storm with my 335i. I have a 2007 with the latest software upgrade to iDrive. What do you have?
    11-28-08 06:39 AM
    I'm also a former i760 user. I went through three of them due to screen issues and one because of battery drain. Glad to finally part ways with Windows Mobile.
    11-28-08 08:39 AM
    I'm moving from i760 to Storm. The i760 was my first and last Windows Mobile machine. The i760 was a lot better than my old Treo, and in hindsight it seems I spent a lot of time, and some shareware money, fiddling with WM6 to get it to work like a Blackberry. Now I'll have the real thing.
    11-28-08 09:21 AM
    Welcome to all....I have found that I have a few difficulties in breaking away from my WM 6.1 mentality. I found myself looking for the explorer app, lol, but I'm getting the hang of this after 1 week. I love the simple UI, and the lack of resets. I will post more later.
    11-28-08 09:44 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD