I did the upgrade to .148 when Verizon released it - phone worked great until I went on a 3rd party application install frenzy. Well, something screwed my phone up. I since uninstalled everything except for a few well known, commonly used programs, and my memory is still jacked up. When I hard reset, I am lucky to get 20mb. I used to have close to 40. After a few hours of use, I get low memory warnings.

My question is, obviously something from a app that was "bad" is left on the phone. How do I reload the phone from scratch with 148? I tried just re-updating the phone in BB manager with a fresh 148 download, but that didnt seem to do any good. Is there a way to restore the phone to its original "out of box" status? Thanks for any help!
    06-17-09 11:51 PM
    Don't worry about reloading the OS. Just go to Options/Security/General and hit Menu/Wipe. Make sure you tick the checkmark for 3rd party apps. This will wipe all user preferences on the phone and return it to a base OS load and config of .148. Then simply reload your apps and configure your phone how you want.

Be aware that you can do a backup, but if you restore the PIM info, some of your jacked up settings could return.

If this doesn't get you want you want in terms of memory and you think a reload is the fix, then worry about a reload, but try this first.
    06-17-09 11:54 PM
    Thank you so much for the reply. Will get to work tomorrow and I agree I will install select apps manually to avoid getting crap back on my device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 12:34 AM
    If you do the 'advanced' restore after backing up your phone, you can just do the essential stuff (conacts, SMS, messages, etc) without risking reloading corrupt options files.
    06-18-09 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD