I have been trying to load movies to my storm through the software Roxio provided with the BB disk. The issue is everytime I try to convert...the software will not let me change from "copy without conversion" ...any help would greatly be appreciated
    12-12-08 04:40 PM
    I'm not sure about your exact problem, but like all Roxio products before and probably after, the version that comes with your phone is a heaping pile of you know what and I couldn't find anything it did right before I removed it from my computer! There are several threads here on how to convert and put movies on your Storm and I don't think any of them involve using the Roxio garbage.
    12-12-08 06:10 PM
    Not sure if you guys know this or not but the Roxio software that comes with the Storm will remove any other Roxio software prior to installing!
    I have a Vaio and Roxio comes as an app on the laptop. After installing the Storm software all my other Roxio software ahd been removed, no warning, nothing!
    This has been raised on the UK Vodafone forum and Vodafone and RIM are looking into it.
    Just thought I'd let you all know.
    12-12-08 08:25 PM
    just to let you know, the roxio software that came on your blackberry disc is standard for every blackberry.

therefore once you fix your problem and you are able to click the convert with advanced settings tab or whatever it's called, your going to be disapointed as it has no specific screen resolution for the storm.

pretty stupid that the storm came with software for every other blackberry other than the storm. I had some laughs about this with a verizon wireless tech support guy. he said I should call blackberry and they should PAY ME for my time lol due to my advanced knowledge loll

good luck

though your better off converting the videos with SUPER
    12-12-08 08:30 PM
    I H A T E Roxio.

Get Handbrake. It's faster. Higher quality. Easier to use.

(It's free too.)
    12-12-08 08:31 PM
    Not sure if you guys know this or not but the Roxio software that comes with the Storm will remove any other Roxio software prior to installing!
    I have a Vaio and Roxio comes as an app on the laptop. After installing the Storm software all my other Roxio software ahd been removed, no warning, nothing!
    This has been raised on the UK Vodafone forum and Vodafone and RIM are looking into it.
    Just thought I'd let you all know.
    Didn't touch my Roxio Media Suite 10. But to convert a DVD Handbrake is much faster and not as big of memory hog.
    12-12-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD