I just noticed last night that when I try to convert one of my movies for the Storm that it won't play sound. I know the file has audio. When I try to play it within Media Manager it doesn't have sound but when I play the same file in Windows Media Player there is sound. I thought maybe it was just my PC so I rebooted it and still have the same problem. I used the optimal playback setting and moved the file over to my Storm and still the same problem. Any ideas? I know about two weeks ago I was able to convert a movie for my Storm without any problems.
    12-21-08 09:59 AM
    So I think I figured out the problem. It looks my Media Manager won't play AC3 soundtracks. I tried playing non AC3 movies and they played fine in Media Manager. Anyone know if this is a bug or if Roxio disabled this functionality? Are there any other video converters that can convert AC3 encoded files to the Storm?
    12-21-08 10:40 AM
    Bump for help
    12-21-08 01:04 PM
    To convert movies I use DVD Shrink (3.1) and Handbrake (I use the psp default and change the resolution to 480X360 or 480X320) those two programs are free and work great.

I am not sure which one (maybe both) has AC3 converter though.
    12-21-08 01:09 PM
    oops... let me clarify. I use DVD Shrink first to decrypt and compress file. then use handbrake to convert video TS folder saved on my computer to an MP4 movie. this works very well for me OUTSTANDING quality and fairly easy (almost completely automatic).
    12-21-08 01:13 PM
    oops... let me clarify. I use DVD Shrink first to decrypt and compress file. then use handbrake to convert video TS folder saved on my computer to an MP4 movie. this works very well for me OUTSTANDING quality and fairly easy (almost completely automatic).
    Thanks for the response. I already use DVD Shrink so I'm pretty familiar with it. I'll have to give Handbrake a try for the conversion. Just curious does Handbrake work faster than Roxio when converting?
    12-21-08 01:54 PM
    Hmm handbrake takes about 20mins on my computer. Also I don't use Roxio to convert my video. Once hand brake is done I just drag and drop on media card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 02:59 PM
    Hmm handbrake takes about 20mins on my computer. Also I don't use Roxio to convert my video. Once hand brake is done I just drag and drop on media card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks!! Handbrake definitely converts the video a lot faster than Roxio did and it has no problems with AC3. Thanks for the help.
    12-21-08 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD