March 16th has come and gone and still no word from Rogers about releasing the Storm or any new BB anytime soon?

Does anyone have any current, accurate news? If no Storm for Rogers soon them I'll have to get an unlocked Storm and use it on Rogers.
    04-02-09 10:31 AM
    I think your best bet is to get an unlocked Storm and use it on Rogers. That's what I doing now! I've spoken to a few techs and they said it's not coming, and all but one of their customer service reps said the same thing. Don't hold me to this ofcourse but why wait when you can get a new unlocked one sooner rather than later..

Hope I helped in some way
    04-02-09 02:01 PM
    how's your storm working on Rogers for you? fairly fast on edge without 3G? what version software are you running, any problems? thanks.
    04-02-09 02:49 PM
    Actually it's not bad at all with EDGE and no 3G! I won't lie to you and tell you that it runs at BOLD speeds, but it's definitely not slow..just a tick slower than the BOLD! I'm running .113 and it's great! No probs what so ever..if I were you I'd go ahead and get an unlocked one, or you could always wait and see what the next release from RIM is with Rogers. I've gone from the Iphone, to the Bold, and will stay with my Storm and see what the next BB will be with ROGERS and then decide whether to upgrade to it.

Good Luck
    04-02-09 04:01 PM
    My Rogers rep informed me that as of right now, it looks like they will NEVER carry the Storm. She says they worked too hard to get the iPhone on the network, and Apple does not want them having the Storm competing. It's a "conflict of interests".
    04-02-09 04:06 PM
    That's exactly what I heard SMS748. The conflict of interest is the problem! Maybe we'll get this hybrid Bold/Storm that I'm hearing rumours about! Now that would be even better than the Storm! Only time will tell

04-02-09 04:29 PM
    well i guess we will have to wait may 5th for the WES and we will have the answer by then
    04-02-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD