Howdy,

I would like to keep the phone silent and be notified of new calls or messages through the headphones when I'm using the media player.

Currently I set the phone to silent, which keeps it quiet, but I don't know about new calls or messages unless I look at the phone. This isn't always convenient (at the gym, or on the bike, or when the phone is tucked into a pocket etc. ).

Is it possible to route the rings and alerts to the headphones when they're plugged in?

Cheers,
    Vocoder.
    04-27-09 12:21 PM
    what about vibrate? or still not gonna help you out? one thing i love about bluetooth, is my jawbone rings in my ear when someone is calling and the phone stays silent....that would be nice if you could do that with headphones too.
    04-27-09 12:25 PM
    ditto here and would like a solution... i have a Plantronics 520 and i know the headset can do it because it did when i used with a Motorola Q...
    04-27-09 12:31 PM
    what about vibrate? or still not gonna help you out?
    It hasn't so far - the vibe is so slight, and usually when I'm listening to music through the headphones I'm engaged in what I'm doing and miss it all together....
    04-27-09 12:50 PM
    Yeah I hate how light the vibrate is on this phone, but no solution to your problem so far
    04-27-09 01:02 PM
    oops.... i meant ringtones via headset, not headphones...

when i play music via cable to my car stereo, the music stops for every phone/data related sound.
    04-27-09 01:21 PM
    when i play music via cable to my car stereo, the music stops for every phone/data related sound.
    Ya know, I've always thought that was a 'bug' - but I am going to turn it into a feature I'm going to create a 'silent' ringtone today and load it up. If it works, I'll use the break in the music as the alert...

I'd still prefer a way to hear the rings and alerts through the headphones...
    04-27-09 01:37 PM
    ditto here and would like a solution... i have a Plantronics 520 and i know the headset can do it because it did when i used with a Motorola Q...
    Same here the 520 worked great with my Q. I keep hearing that the blue tooth has to support A2DP.
    Last edited by jlank; 04-27-09 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Forgot a word
    04-27-09 01:55 PM
    It hasn't so far - the vibe is so slight, and usually when I'm listening to music through the headphones I'm engaged in what I'm doing and miss it all together....
    when i'm listening to music and someone texts/calls, my music actually stops, i forgot to mention that in my last post, does yours no do this? i actually find this very annoying when in my car and i have it hooked up to my stereo, and when someone texts me...it cuts out for like 3 seconds
    04-27-09 02:51 PM
    My music stops unless the phone is set to silent or vibe only, which it is when I'm using the Storm more as a music player than a phone.

The gym's a good example - don't need to be "that guy" in headphones, oblivious to the phone ringing away in his pocket...

I'm hopeful that the 'silent ringtone' idea works until the solution is more elegantly implemented in the software. I'll post an update when I know for sure.
    04-27-09 02:58 PM
    Same here the 520 worked great with my Q. I keep hearing that the blue tooth has to support A2DP.
    heard the same thing, it must be a BB thing... unfortunately.
    04-27-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD