Well, all the ringtones on my SD card, right along with the music, is all showing up in the music folder. I even sorted through them, placing the Ringtones in the Ringtones folder, and then none of them showed up. As soon as I moved them back into the music folder, they showed up again. Any idea how to fix this?
    08-01-09 12:09 PM
    Why would you move them back into the music folder? Place tones on desktop, disconnect, reconnect, place tones in proper folder and convert for optimal playback. I duno...
    08-01-09 12:24 PM
    I moved them back because they weren't showing up in the ringtones folder. At least this way, I can still have the tones I want.
    08-01-09 12:26 PM
    No one can help?
    08-01-09 02:13 PM
    Try this....
    connect your bb to your pc and enable mass storage. Navigate to the bb/memory card ringtone folder. Move the ringtones and delete the .dat file(you may need to set your folders options to view hidden files) (i always copy it to my desktop before deleting). Unplug your bb and go to media....wait a minute and let it search and update. This works for me.
    08-01-09 02:15 PM
    The way I have to do it, I can't have my ringtones I want on my SD card because they wont show up in media, I have to place them in the ringtones folder on the device memory. It works everytime for me.
    08-01-09 02:16 PM
    The way I have to do it, I can't have my ringtones I want on my SD card because they wont show up in media, I have to place them in the ringtones folder on the device memory. It works everytime for me.
    I did that, they still don't show up.
    08-01-09 02:26 PM
    i agree that's the way mine works
    08-01-09 03:36 PM
    Try this....
    connect your bb to your pc and enable mass storage. Navigate to the bb/memory card ringtone folder. Move the ringtones and delete the .dat file(you may need to set your folders options to view hidden files) (i always copy it to my desktop before deleting). Unplug your bb and go to media....wait a minute and let it search and update. This works for me.
    I was having trouble with ringtones as well. I added them to the ringtones folder using the mass storage option, but they wouldnt show up on the phone. Deleting the BBThumbs.dat file and going back into Media fixed the problem. Thanks!
    08-27-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD