no matter what ring tone i use on my storm, the phone has a delay till it starts ringing. i will call my phone from another phone and it rings about 2-3 times until my storm starts to ring. any ideas?
    01-08-09 11:34 AM
    But if you had never called your phone, how would you have known? Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
    01-08-09 11:40 AM
    Yea, I have that issue as well. I totally got rid of the vibration function because, even though it vibrates and then rings, the vibrate can sometimes cause your ringer to not work at all or delay it quite a bit.

If you're running .85 then it's even more obvious.

If you're in .85 go to sounds and try to change the ringer for the phone. Now while vibration is listed as "on" and you click "try it" to listen to your new ring tone, pay attention to the fact that you'll receive the vibrate, but you won't always receive the ring 100% of the time. Once I disabled vibrate, I was able to get the ring 100% of the time.

I missed an important call yesterday due to this problem.
    01-08-09 11:40 AM
    My wife's phone uses the classic phone ring that came set as the default. That ringer seems to have a bunch of dead air at the front end of it or something because you can hear the speaker turn on, then a long pause, and then the ringer finally sounds. Sometimes, her phone might only ring twice before the call is sent to voicemail.

My ringer is an mp3 file that I put on the phone. It doesn't seem to have very much of a delay.

-SR-
    01-08-09 12:03 PM
    Thats Issue I'm Having.
    01-08-09 12:10 PM
    This is just the normal switching delay with cellular networks as best I can tell. If you ever talk to someone on a cell phone in the same room as you, you'll notice there's a good 1-2 second delay between the time they say something and you hear it.

I'm reasonably sure even with a pure landline connection, the first ring or two doesn't actually register on the other end. Plenty of times when I might call my parents, and I know the answering machine is set to pick up after 4 rings, it's 5-6 rings on my end before anything happens.
    01-08-09 12:14 PM
    make sure your ringtone is on the device memory and not on the media card.
    01-08-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD