So recently my iPod nano died out and I had to purchase a new one....instead of going with my normal nano selection (I've had every generation, sadly), I went with an iPod touch, which is essentially an iPhone minus the phone capabilities.

After playing around on the App store on iTunes and downloading/installing apps through the USB connection, I'm definitely thinking RIM needs to create some sort of iTunes-like platform where we can connect our BB's to the computer and have somewhere to browse apps a little quicker than what we currently can do with the app store through the BB itself (maybe something implemented within desktop manager). Anyone else think this?

And as a random side note, I'm very thankful for the click-touchscreen on the storm. I make typing mistakes nonstop when I'm trying to input something on the Touch.
    07-16-09 12:01 PM
    why? We have mobihand/crackberry store....everything you need is there
    07-16-09 12:08 PM
    why? We have mobihand/crackberry store....everything you need is there
    And virtually everything on AppWorld is on there.
    07-16-09 12:14 PM
    A flashier DM, sounds like a good idea
    07-16-09 12:23 PM
    I agree that the Crackberry App Store is awesome, both on device and on desktop.

I would, however, like to see App World be accessible directly from the desk top with SMS-OTA features like on most of the Mobihand administered app stores. I love to browse on my desktop for new and cool apps! Can't do this with App World.

RIM, are you listening? Especially as more and more apps are added, the on-device store gets more and more bogged down!
    07-16-09 12:43 PM
    how about instead of forcing us a 500KB+ application to browse available applications, they make a Website tailored to mobile users... that could also be available to anyone with a browser.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what does AppWorld do that a simple Website with catalog of Apps and an ID/Pass couldn't do much faster? Nothing.
    07-16-09 01:21 PM
    Yea I think I'm going to delete app world today until they can make it not destroy my precious memory. As soon as I installed it after I upgraded to the new OS my app memory at startup went from 39 mb to 30.

App World is a poorly programmed and poorly organized app. Quick question though. Will I lose my previous downloads from them if I delete the app world file?

Before I will use app world again this is what I would need. Why? Because this should be a standard by now thanks to the iphone (I know they don't compare, but an app store is an app store and there are standards).

1. Options to sort apps (ex. most popular, cheapest, newly added, sale, etc...)

2. Better breakdown of categories. It was fine when there were only a handful of apps out there but now I have to sort through tons of apps in the 10 or so categories they give me.

3. Seperate options from main menu to view paid apps and free ones.

4. Ability to save apps to the memory card. The biggest problem I have with it. Seriously I have an 8 gig card just chilling with only about half of it filled with music and videos. Without being able to use this it only makes sense for the average person to have only a handful of apps at any given time. No one wants to install more apps (especially the useless ones) because they slow the phone down too much and it makes everything you download useless.
    ***NOTE*** This may already be an option but if so I can't find it.***
    07-16-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD