I cannot stand RIM for setting file size limits on our freakiin Devices! I got an email from a friend with a SINGLE mp3 file that equals 3.8 mb ONLY
    and what message i get??............. " Attachment exceeds the maximum download size of 2.9MB" W-T-F!!!!!!! ----------> !

RIM get it TOGETHER!

dammit
    12-12-08 08:48 PM
    I'm going to take a gander and say that would be Verizon that set the attachment size limit on Email/MMS's due to network usage??

I may be wrong tho, I dunno?
    12-12-08 08:50 PM
    That's a shame. I believe if you have a carrier email account, like @tmobile.blackberry.net, its about 6MB, or something like that...

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...
    12-12-08 08:51 PM
    Im actually on T-mobile. I think its a RIM issue... or maybe a carrier but if thats the case, a simple 3.8 demo song should've download flawlessly
    12-12-08 08:53 PM
    I have received files a lot larger than that on my storm via hotmail.
    12-12-08 08:54 PM
    This person experience this also:
    I got off the phone with AT&T after hours of frustration trying to get around the download limit earlier today.

I am using the message folder linked up to my Gmail account. A friend e-mailed me a new mp3 track he has been working on that was about 4.5MB. Tried to download it, got the "attachment exceeds the maximum download size of 2.9MB" message. Dang.

Tried using the browser to get to my Gmail account and download it from there. Get a "file error" message. Dang again.

What the AT&T and guy told me after having me try to change every setting and option on my phone conceivable, is that the file download limit is a product of "the blackberry network" and that there were no official plans to upgrade the "blackberry network" to handle larger files.

Has ANYONE heard of this? Ive tried running searches on this, but what I keep coming up with is in regards to BES.... and my issue has nothing to do with BES.

sorry for the Wall O Text =P
    12-12-08 09:00 PM
    Damn!!! Its true. I tried opening a 3.1 mb pdf and got the limit issue. This totally sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 09:03 PM
    good call kwack...
    12-12-08 09:06 PM
    Im looking for a solution on this matter! Can't believe this limit issue
    12-12-08 09:19 PM
    It's pretty common to encounter attachment file size limits on email. Email's not the best medium for transferring large files.

Can your friend host a temporary http link, or post it to a web-based file sharing service for you to download?
    12-12-08 09:30 PM
    It's pretty common to encounter attachment file size limits on email. Email's not the best medium for transferring large files.

Can your friend host a temporary http link, or post it to a web-based file sharing service for you to download?
    True, but 2.9!
    12-12-08 09:44 PM
    I use dropbox to sync and share files between computers. One neat feature is the ability create http links to your files, so you can download them from any web-enabled device. I use this to send/receive largish files when syncing is not convenient.
    12-12-08 10:27 PM
    True, but 2.9!

yes sending anything bigger then that can cause problems on many email systems..

I know 2.9 doesn't seem like much but thats why ftp was created to begin with..

file transfer protocol..

its less of a issue now with space on servers being so much bigger but still email should not be used as file transfer...

believe it or not there has been more then once that someone were I work tried to send a 1gb file..

also remember that its pretty recent that phones are even able to support major storage..
    12-12-08 10:35 PM
    yes sending anything bigger then that can cause problems on many email systems..

I know 2.9 doesn't seem like much but thats why ftp was created to begin with..

file transfer protocol..

its less of a issue now with space on servers being so much bigger but still email should not be used as file transfer...

believe it or not there has been more then once that someone were I work tried to send a 1gb file..

also remember that its pretty recent that phones are even able to support major storage..
    Yeah but it doesn't make sense... When I had a Bold, the max i'd receive by email would be 5megs *mp3 files & not 2.9megs
    12-12-08 10:45 PM
    What sucks more is the browser will not let you download anything really large. I have to use Opera to download things like 70MB files to save to media card. Previous BBs had this same limitation. It's really a limitation of the bullisht proxy browser servers they have in place. This really should be changed. Should be totally unlimited. If you have the memory, it should let you download it.
    12-12-08 11:42 PM
    Hasn't there always been file size caps on messages though? It's not like I can email an album to a buddy. It seems natural to me that there would be a cap on a phone as well.
    12-12-08 11:57 PM
    Hasn't there always been file size caps on messages though? It's not like I can email an album to a buddy. It seems natural to me that there would be a cap on a phone as well.
    Thats is fairly true but on my curve the cap was at 5mb not 2.9mb
    12-13-08 11:22 PM
    This 2.9 issue is driving me NUTS ... I receive demo songs from people around my city and I cannot open any of them while out on the road.... only when I have PC access. Yet, on my old curve, I had the ability to open the attachments with ease. 5megs being the most
    12-16-08 12:26 AM
    lol, why would i want to get an unlimited internet, if they limit my unlimitededness...ism.
    12-16-08 12:34 AM
    this is another possible deal breaker for me. i get lots of pdf attachements of 5-6 megs and this sucks.

and even if your friend can upload it to a web server, you cant download it! the BB browser wont let you.
    12-16-08 01:26 AM
    lol, why would i want to get an unlimited internet, if they limit my unlimitededness...ism.
    Very well said
    12-16-08 01:39 AM
    I was really hoping the gmail app would allow larger files. Oh well opera mini will do for now.
    12-16-08 02:38 AM
    Its just the bb browser that has this cap but like everyones saying opera mini works. My question is how do u get through downloading filed on rapidshare or megaupload since the countdowns won't go down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 03:06 AM
    Discovered this today too... What kills me is my data guy came into the store and I definitely downloaded a 7 megabyte mp3 file via email without issue... that was the first thing I tested.

12-16-08 09:58 PM
    Discovered this today too... What kills me is my data guy came into the store and I definitely downloaded a 7 megabyte mp3 file via email without issue... that was the first thing I tested.

Damn man i know! can you ask for the settings he used?
    12-22-08 04:12 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD