01-26-09 10:02 PM
    We know.... people have posted one incarnation of this story or another today. But thanks... I guess.
    01-26-09 10:04 PM
    CIVIC LOL .... excuse civic , she comes accross a little house ish sometimes lol..... what she meant to say is " thanks for the info but this has already been posted multipul times today."
    01-26-09 10:07 PM
    Ummm we didn't even need a thread to tell us this did we?
    01-26-09 10:09 PM
    I'm personally glad they pushed the release. I would rather have a 75% working storm in Nov then a 100% working storm in like 2010. We have yet to see an OS that doesn't have some kind of bugs, that's true for leaked and official versions.

That may just be me though
    01-26-09 10:13 PM
    That seems to be a rather craptastic summary. They leap to the conclusion that the new portrait qwerty keyboard somehow means that they're going to do away with suretype. The article they link to as their main source states that RIM is producing 250K units/week, but the other article claims they're SHIPPING that number. I'm tired, so I'm sure I'm missing plenty of other things. There's also the bit about it being some kind of Jesus Phone competitor... As if anything that has a touch screen on it has to be some kind of Jesus Phone wannabe. Pretty soon GPS units are going to be Jesus Phone wannabes.

Of course one key difference is, RIM intends to fix things in future updates. I'm not a fan of this whole release now, patch later, mentality that has invaded software development at pretty much every level, but whether or not I like it, it's here to stay. Seems like everyone has a case of ADD these days, and has the attention span of a gnat. People want everything immediately, if not sooner, and with something like the Storm, that will lead to bugs in the OS. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
    01-26-09 10:39 PM
    <<<never going to start another thread again...
    01-27-09 01:02 PM
    Thanks for the thread. I didn't see that article yet and I'm not about to scroll thru pages and pages of threads to find it. You people need to get a life regarding duplicate post. You aren't paying for the space so get over it! That is what forums are for, for people to post questions, information, etc... I usually read the first page of thread topics and thats it...I think it would be safe to say that most do. Now if I'm looking for a specific topic I will run a search. For general reading I just check out the first page. So get over it people and quit ******** people who start threads you may not be interested in! If you already know the topic, don't read and definitely don't reply. Replying "this thread is useless" is actually way more useless than a duplicated thread.
    01-27-09 01:10 PM
    Don't let it bother you.......keep posting and ignore the wisea** of Wisea**es' comments. We all can't be as superior in the BB world..............
    01-27-09 01:51 PM
    The iphone 1.0 and 2.0 were both launched with buggy OS and neither were perfect and neither will ever be perfect. It comes down to what you are willing to live with and what you cannot live without.

I have used PDA'a and smartphones alike since the 1996 from PalmOS to WindowsMobile to BlackBerry. I had iTouch 1.0 to iTouch 2.0 (hardware).

Customers will complain and gripe and groan to get something out the door and when the mfg does that we all collectively complain again. Here's the kicker, Apple (Steve Jobs that is) says that cut/paste are NOT a priority and NOT a demanded feature of the Apple faithful. Well he smokes something because as someone who has a lot of Mac gear I for one find cut/paste a high demand item.

RIM is not perfect and neither is Apple, RIM has to start telling the carriers that RIM will CONTROL the OS updates and not the carriers then and only then will we get what we need when we need it.
    01-27-09 02:24 PM
    Unfortunately, yes. But the good news is that RIM and Verizon acknowledge there are issues and will fix them. I'm am quite sure that better days are right around the corner. And remember, the "golden egg" (Iphone) had all sorts of bugs at the beginning as well.
    01-27-09 02:35 PM
    Why wouldn't you post new threads? You are just telling us what you find its new for some old for others. if you know, say you know not we know because not everyone is a God

But yeah thanks for the news

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD