I think my Storm had a stroke!!
    The entire right side of my screen is very dim and dark until I hold down the screen with my finger. At that point it will light up again as normal, until I release my finger to which it is dark again. It is especially bad towards the bottom right hand side, and sometimes, if I time it right, it will stay lit until I touch it again.

I am running OS .148 and have searched the forums for an answer already and found no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any Storm Stroke Survivors out there? Or at least some kind of support group for this? This is a very troubling time for my Storm and I...
    07-06-09 09:32 AM
    Did you do a battery pull? If this problem persists you might need a "new" Storm.
    07-06-09 10:01 AM
    U cd try reloading OS.
    07-06-09 10:21 AM
    Definately did a batt pull... No help, still afflicted
    Will try to load os again, I didn't do that
    ty, appreciate you all

***Do you think I should wipe first then re-load, never did in the past, never seemed to matter before but now I don't know?
    Last edited by bobbybb808; 07-06-09 at 10:27 AM.
    07-06-09 10:24 AM
    It can't hurt to wipe first.

Make sure you back up everything first. 3rd part apps are backed up differently.
    07-06-09 10:35 AM
    Could be a hard ware issue.
    07-06-09 10:36 AM
    something similar happened to mine last friday... I had just closed the browser, put my phone down and the backlight went dark as usual. The scary part is when I woke it back up the entire backlight was at least half its usual brightness and it wouldn't change even when selecting different menu options and running browser or other applications... Well I tapped the back of it and the backlight shot right on like normal so I sat it down again, waited for the light to go off and tried to waken it again.... after that time the backlight refused to brighten so I did a battery pull and it came back to normal.

The phone never froze and ran my applications and browser just fine but the backlight just wouldn't catch up. I'm tempted to call in again. I'm sure I will if it happens again, I'm worried the backlight is just going out somehow....
    Last edited by jnixbb09; 07-06-09 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Fix a spelling error-whoops
    07-06-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD