I think I need the KISS method (keep it simple ...) of rewinding and fast forwarding on the Storm. I have tried to import many videos some real small and other 2.0gb in size - using DVD Fab using the iPod/IPhone setting. The video actually opens fine and plays but when I want to fast forward or rewind in any video, especially the bigger file size ones, I click the progress bar and attempt to drag the little circle on the progrees bar. Sometimes I can get the time indicator to show the rew. or ff but I cannot see where I am in the video. To get the video to move to a specific point I have to click the progress bar again and hope I am in the right place. Often times when I go to replay the video from a differant point it has a lot of digital break up and freezes and I have to pull the battery to get everything started again. Sometimes I try to do this four or five times until I am in the area of the video I want to be in. Is there an easier or correct way to rew. or ff?
    When I play the exact same video on my video iPod, I can rew. or ff with no problems and actually see the video move in the direction I am holding the button.
    07-15-09 10:02 AM
    I agree any ideas? I'm in the same situation.
    07-15-09 11:47 AM
    I think I need the KISS method (keep it simple ...) of rewinding and fast forwarding on the Storm. I have tried to import many videos some real small and other 2.0gb in size - using DVD Fab using the iPod/IPhone setting. The video actually opens fine and plays but when I want to fast forward or rewind in any video, especially the bigger file size ones, I click the progress bar and attempt to drag the little circle on the progrees bar. Sometimes I can get the time indicator to show the rew. or ff but I cannot see where I am in the video. To get the video to move to a specific point I have to click the progress bar again and hope I am in the right place. Often times when I go to replay the video from a differant point it has a lot of digital break up and freezes and I have to pull the battery to get everything started again. Sometimes I try to do this four or five times until I am in the area of the video I want to be in. Is there an easier or correct way to rew. or ff?
    When I play the exact same video on my video iPod, I can rew. or ff with no problems and actually see the video move in the direction I am holding the button.
    Any Suggesrions??
    07-16-09 08:11 PM
    07-30-09 09:59 PM
    That's how it works on the storm, just use your finger!
    07-31-09 12:33 AM
    Did I miss it - how can you view a video as it fast forwards, in case you don't know what time you want to fwd to?

Thanks.
    10-19-09 04:26 PM
    Since there is no trackball on the storm, exactly what are you clicking and then how are you moving the progress marker?

The other question is, how do you get the playback controls to show up once you are watching a movie? I touch or press on the screen and rarely the controls show up, but most of the time I have to back out of the player to the play list. Resume play from there and then try to click the progress bar where I think it should be before it disappears again. Very unsatisfactory altogether.
    10-19-09 04:34 PM
    Silly me, I thought ff'ing and the slide bar simply didn't work on this forever beta phone. Finally dl a movie and see exactly what your saying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD