I want to swap my storm because I have dust under the screen. I bought it at a Best Buy but I was wondering If I could return it to a Verizon store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 10:39 AM
    You should be able to, as it is still within the worry free gaurantee period. they don't care where you bought it from. You would only have to deal with best Buy for a return.
    01-05-09 10:42 AM
    They may not let you do it. You can try, but the Storms not sold by Verizon directly are not in the system.
    at best buy did they have a VZW rep? if so id go back there
    I think the worry free thing only applies to phones purchased from Verizon corporate stores directly. Branded phones purchased from somewhere else fall under the return rules of the selling party or store.
    01-05-09 10:43 AM
    no you need to return it back to best buy. Its my experience that Verizon will not accept any equipment that was not purchased through one of their stores.
    01-05-09 10:44 AM
    i bought mine at best buy and just got a brand new replacement sent via mail. i called vzw and they did give me a little resistance but if you're nice and firm in your request they will send you a new one.
    01-05-09 10:45 AM
    I bought mine at Best Buy and I called verizon due to the screen click issue. I am getting a new one in the mail soon, no resistance at all.
    01-05-09 10:51 AM
    No you can't do this.

Also the title is "Returning a Storm to Verizon though bought at a Best Buy" not "warranty exchanging a Storm through Verizon though bought at Best Buy".

If you bought it and are returning as in returning the phone, getting something different, or cancelling, you need to do that at Best Buy. If you want to exchange the phone because of a warranty issue and it's within 30 days, you need to do so at Best Buy. If you're warranty exchanging it outside of 30 days any corporate Verizon service center can do that for you.
    01-05-09 11:09 AM
    If you're warranty exchanging it outside of 30 days any corporate Verizon service center can do that for you.
    100% true. Bought my original from an authorized VZW reseller. They wouldn't do anything about the issues I was having. (Lesson learned: only buy from corporate VZW store in the future.) I waited until 30 days were up (knew I wanted to keep the Storm for sure) then called VZW and they exchanged it under RIM's 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Now normally the replacement device would be a refurb, but because the Storm is still new, my replacement was brand spanking new.
    01-05-09 11:15 AM
    best buy won't exchange your phone because of dust under the screen. otherwise people would be in there every 2 days getting a new phone just because it has fingerprints on it. I guess it's worth a shot, but me personally, I highly doubt it.

01-05-09 11:20 AM
    I work for an authorized retailer, we will absolutely do an in-store exchange for you within 30 days. And we will call and order the warranty exchange or send you to a service center that can do it that day in store for you. Not all retailers are bad. I'm actually doing an in-store exchange on a Storm today. Lol. Sold one to a mom and daughter, the mom exchanged, now the daughter is too. I can't catch a break! But yeah, sorry you had an unpleasant experience.
    01-05-09 11:21 AM
    Phones bought from a third party reseller, such as Beast Buy are covered by the third party for the WFG period for any issue, including warranty. After 30 days you can return it for warranty issues at a VZW corporate store.
    01-05-09 11:32 AM
    I want to swap my storm because I have dust under the screen. I bought it at a Best Buy but I was wondering If I could return it to a Verizon store.

You can return it. I bought mine from best buy and when I took it to them they laughed. Took it to verizon and they replaced it straight up.

01-05-09 11:36 AM
    They Laughed?

How Rude.

I Would Have Clawed Their Eyes Out. LOL

Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-05-09 at 04:29 PM.
    01-05-09 11:38 AM
    seems there is some discerpency as to what the real deal is on this...but i had my phone for 28 days originally purchased through best buy called vzw cs on day 28 said phone was inop with white screen they first tried to send me a refurb then after speaking with a manager they agreed to send me brand new....3 days later BAM new storm in mail box...i guess it depends who you get on the phone
    01-05-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD