I have a question about returning my storm. They are allowing me to return it in order to get a tour. The problem is that I dropped my naked storm and it has a few scratches and a dent in the bezel. Do you think Verizon will give me a problem about the scratches and dent? Thanks for any advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 02:52 PM
    Im sure its gonna be up to the store manager. I know from past experiences when I returned a phone for a different one they made sure it was in new condition still. Each store has there own way of doing things.

07-11-09 03:01 PM
    I have a question about returning my storm. They are allowing me to return it in order to get a tour. The problem is that I dropped my naked storm and it has a few scratches and a dent in the bezel. Do you think Verizon will give me a problem about the scratches and dent? Thanks for any advice.

I mean if you had a car and you put a dent in the fender do you honestly think the dealer would take it back? I kind of doubt thats going to work for you UNLESS you're still in your first 30 days and even then it's doubtful.
    07-11-09 03:31 PM
    I am within my 30 days on this line. I just went into the corporate store by me and because I'm still within the 30 days they put a tour on hold for me. They told me it would be easier to do an exchange rather me returning it today and buying it tomorrow. They didn't look at my storm yet though so I'm kinda worried about the scratches. There are two and they are on the bezel on the back side so maybe it won't be a problem.

I feel bad about it. I would have wanted to get the tour regardless. But of course I had to go and be butterfingers when the storm was out of its case. Its usually well protected.

On a bright side though. The store here said they have them already in stock and they have about fifty. I tried to talk the rep into selling me one early but she declined as expected. I can kid around with her a bit because I'm in there all the time and she knows me. The best she could do (which is still awesome of her) was to hold one for me.

07-11-09 04:04 PM
    If the scratches are not terrible you will just be able to get by with the $35 restocking fee...
    07-11-09 04:18 PM
    If the scratches are not terrible you will just be able to get by with the $35 restocking fee...
    Honestly, if they don't give me a problem with it I'd be more than happy to pay 35$. ****, I'd pay more.

I'm not trying to finagle the system or anything, I just want the Storm power with a physical keyboard. I was about ready to pay full retail for the Tour if I had to. I have the pre-order all setup in my online account shopping cart just in case.

But since they are going to hold one for me, I'm going to try the store first and see what happens.
    07-11-09 04:31 PM
    I got my Tour this morning. They didn't even look at the Storm so I guess I got lucky with those scratches... So far I am extremely satisfied
    07-12-09 01:59 PM
    glad to hear it worked out for you

07-12-09 02:15 PM
    Sounds like we have the same story with the exception of, I have no scratches or dents (knock on wood). Ive had my Storm for less than 30days and dont care for it..Im returning it on Wed (my store wont have them until then for whatever reason) but... What were your reasons for getting rid of it?? And what do you like that's different about the Tour??
    07-12-09 06:28 PM
    i didnt know u can trade in your storm for a tour...i wanna do that now...how can we do this?
    07-12-09 08:16 PM
    Hmm. I'm still within the 30 day return period for my phone. I should check this out and see if I like it better than my storm.

If I do decide to exchange the Storm for a Tour, can I download the applications I paid for without paying again?
    07-12-09 08:16 PM
    I didn't just trade in my storm I was still within my 30 days so it was basically an even exchange. I had to pay 70 but that's the rebate so it works out.

So far I like it a lot better than the Storm

07-12-09 09:23 PM
    Being a store manager for verizon even if your under the 30 days they are gonna charge you a re stocking fee because if it is not in re sellable condition its a total loss. So if you somehow get lucky kudos to you but its policy to charge a restocking fee. and just from playing with the tour when our BB rep stopped by you will want your storm back ;-)
    07-12-09 10:28 PM
    I guess I got lucky then. I was talking to the store manager and everything no mention of a restocking fee that I had to pay. If they forgot then lucky for me I'm not complaining.

And I don't miss my storm at all and I've been playing with the tour all day. Don't want it back

07-12-09 11:12 PM
    So I am assuming this trade is not possible if your passed the 30 days
    07-13-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD