I had to exchange my first storm because my screen had a giant circle imprint on the center of the screen where the button is. Now my second storm is riddled with dead pixels four of them to be precise. I'm going to exchange it but the question is should I feel bad about it after? Will I burn for this one? Thanks.
    12-07-08 04:36 AM
    im doing the same thing. my first one had 1 real bright dead pixels with 2 that were pretty dim.. i only notice them under a real hard look but the fact that they are there is enough for me to demand a replacement.

when my replacement came, i looked over it very careful as well and it had 1 dead pixel, it was one of the dim ones. i didnt take it and had it sent back. so now im waiting on my third storm which should come tuesday. im starting to think RIM is using a crappy supplier for their LCD panels. ive had countless ipods and none of them had any dead pixels, even with my ipod touch's. this is just ridiculous. heck, my monitor has TONS more pixels than my storm and yet samsung is able to make it without any dead pixels.

my thinking is, im buying a new product, i expect it to be in perfect working condition. if i bought a car and it had a bubble in the paint, i sure as heck wouldnt let it slide.
    12-07-08 04:56 AM
    You paid for a new, working device. Dead pixels=defect. Keep returning til you get what you paid for.
    12-07-08 05:56 AM
    $500 phone and dead pixels is no way normal. I would send it back for sure...50 times if I had to. I work in the electronics business and I have sold $1000 LCD screen's that have had dead pixels, even one dead pixel and we return them all.
    12-07-08 06:54 AM
    im with you on this. i paid full price for my voyager and i had 2 dead pixels on it. you damn right that i returned it.
    12-07-08 08:41 AM
    Yep, just keep sending them back until you get a good one.
    12-07-08 09:03 AM
    Ok, I returned it. This one has one pretty nasty bad pixel. It's nice and red and annoying. There is also a little green one that isn't as annoying. These people at best buy are starting to get on my nerves with all the looks they are giving me. I don't know if I want to keep doing this. I guess this is a stuck pixel since it is red? Maybe I can unstick it with some fast color video?
    12-08-08 12:28 AM
    I had to exchange my first storm because my screen had a giant circle imprint on the center of the screen where the button is. Now my second storm is riddled with dead pixels four of them to be precise. I'm going to exchange it but the question is should I feel bad about it after? Will I burn for this one? Thanks.
    replace it.. its a manufacturers issue and you have a warranty.. use it.
    12-08-08 12:30 AM
    I had 1 dead pixel and called the VZW customer service center last Monday 12/1. They didn't hesitate and said they would ship out a replacement by 12/15. I just got the tracking number this afternoon (weird being a Sunday) and it says it will be here by Wednesday Afternoon.

I hope that this one has the clicking issue resolved around the edges. I read some threads about people losing up the screws, but I didn't want to void my manufacturers warranty.
    12-08-08 12:34 AM
    Yeah I wouldnt touch the screws if I were you to be honest.. if they find it was tampered with when u return ur old one they might charge you for the phone
    12-08-08 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD