I just bought a curve 8330 on Verizon on September 30.
    now i'm wondering if i should have waited to buy a storm when it's released!

is anyone familiar with verizon's return policy? if the storm comes out within the next few weeks i'd love to return my curve for the storm
    dont get me wrong, i love my curve, but the storm absolutely blows it out of the water..
    10-08-08 07:46 AM
    you have 30 days from date of purchase
    10-08-08 08:04 AM
    so i could technically return my phone and go back to my old phone & wait for the storm to come out .. and still be able to get it at the reduced "new every 2" price? (i got my bb curve @ the reduced price).

have there been any speculations as to how much it'll cost?
    10-08-08 08:15 AM
    So how would one approach this situation? Say you want to keep Verizon but would rather get the Storm than the Curve. For the sake of discussion, say the phone is to be released 11/15, obviously longer than the 30 day in this case. What are your options? Return the curve within the 30 days and then sign up again when the Storm is released? Or can a store manager extend that 30 days in some cases (i.e. this one where you definitely want to stay on the network but want a different phone)?
    10-08-08 08:18 AM
    well, i can return my curve and switch back to my old phone on verizon (lg envy) until the storm comes out .. but i have no clue how much the storm will cost..
    10-08-08 08:22 AM
    just make sure when you return your phone your upgrade date get's changed as well
    10-08-08 08:40 AM
    You beat me creeker, that is VERY important! Had hassles on T-mo with that issue.
    10-08-08 04:57 PM
    I asked verizon about that cuz I had a similar problem in that I got my curve in July and definitely want a storm. They said I have to pay full price until the 1 year VIP upgrade. Another option they told me about is getting a family share line which would allow u the discounted rate.

Just weigh the discount with the $9.99 monthly fee for 2 years. Cuz unfortunely, the 2nd line end up on contract as well.
    10-09-08 09:23 AM
    the second line would not only be under contract but could increase your billmore than $9.99. If you are on an individual plan now and the "extra line" is your 2nd, now you have to choose a family plan which had different minute allowances and prices... make sure to do your research. and managers can return any device anytime they want, but if it is outside the 30 days, they get absolutely reemed by their district managers...
    10-11-08 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD