I broke my Storm and it will not come on. I had not backed up my contacts nor did I put them on desktop manager. I cannot recover the contacts unless I can get it to cut on. I have tried everything. Where can I send my bb to have it fixed to where it will come on so I can get my contacts. I am not sure what to do.
    07-08-09 10:15 PM
    what do you mean you "broke" your storm. What did you do to it? Will go a long way in determining whether you are wasting your time trying or not.
    07-08-09 10:19 PM
    I own a roofing business, and I was on the roof with an insurance adjuster. I pulled it out of my holster and dropped it off the roof. It broke the screen and the phone will not cut on. I have received my new phone already, I just need to find out a way to recover my contacts, but I can't do that if the phone will not cut on. I was wondering if I could send it to someone and pay them to fix it enough to where I can cut it on. I don't care about the screen or anything because I will not be using it anymore anyway.
    07-08-09 10:22 PM
    with physical damage like that, you are wasting your time. Go pull up your detailed bill online and start writing down numbers. And next time make sure you back things up.
    07-08-09 10:26 PM
    I didn't think about that. Good idea. Thanks for the help.
    07-08-09 10:29 PM
    Have you ever done a backup using Outlook or the DM?

If not, I suggest you start doing so.
    07-08-09 10:29 PM
    Never have. I will never go another day without having all of my contacts backed up.
    07-08-09 10:31 PM
    Also, dig up your old phone if you still have it. Might have info on there that got transferred initially to Storm when you bought it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 10:36 PM
    I do still have it, but what do you mean?
    07-08-09 10:44 PM
    she's saying a lot of your contacts are probably still on your old phone. So since you still have yours, take it by the vzw store and ask them to transfer the contacts from the old phone to your replacement storm.
    07-08-09 10:46 PM
    I tried that and they told me that since the phone would not power on they could not transfer the contacts. Maybe the sales rep did not know what she was talking about, which is mostly the case.
    07-08-09 10:49 PM
    no old phone as in previous one before your storm that you broke. Whatever you upgraded from to get the storm. that one should still have all your contacts on it if you didn't get rid of it and it wasn't broken.
    07-08-09 10:53 PM
    Got it. Thanks guys.
    07-08-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD